Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he would come cheap mate, contract doesn't finish till 2020, cost the Mancs an initial fee of £36m, after reaching 25 goals for them that initiated an add - on clause, that was another £8m, so £44m up to now.

Yeah this is what puts me off, he's good, potential to be very good, but I don't believe he's THAT good. They panic bought him for the money they spent, everyone can see that

To read this post as it was intended, put 'The Circle of Life' song on in the background while enjoying it

Good evening Frandelinos

Today marks the end of the first week of data gathering for the Weasel Index.

If you are uncertain what the Index is, please see here https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2017.94428/page-846#post-5473408

So, who will, by September, take their place in the circle of life as the number one Weasel?

2lnz915.jpg

Big thanks to mein frandel @Sapie88 for the picture

Here are the results for the first week's Weasel Index

1. @Raino85 - 50 Weasel Points
2. @EFCccc - 25 Weasel Points
3. @Mosh Pit - 5 Weasel Points
4. @CrustySack - 5 Weasel Points
5. @Joey66 - 5 Weasel Points
6. @Eggs - 5 Weasel Points

Some notes here

• It breaks my heart to include good frandels @Eggs and @Joey66 here but they have been doing some sourced Rooney work. However as they take opposite views, one of them will graduate to Mole10 ITK God Status
  • @Raino85 's early reverse ferret has set the tone splendidly for the rest of the summer, and we thank him for it. However he could get home (like @Mosh Pit ) on that Pickford rumour
  • Some Weasels from yesteryear have not resurfaced from hibernation yet. One is a big fan of the phrase 'I know for a fact', I'm expecting good things from this weasel.
  • It's been a quiet start to Weasel Season, but expecting it to warm up.
As ever, thank you to the Weasel Hunters for tagging me in to keep the records up to date.

If you have a complaint about the Weasel Index, please leave your message here

Godspeed Weasel Hunters!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=king weasel

Don't think he would come cheap mate, contract doesn't finish till 2020, cost the Mancs an initial fee of £36m, after reaching 25 goals for them that initiated an add - on clause, that was another £8m, so £44m up to now.
Offer the £44m and see what happens. If we're shipping out Rom he'll go for £20m+ more than that so it's not like we won't have some cash to chuck about.

Too much of a gamble at £44m for me mate.
I know what you mean but forwards, especially those with experience in the top leagues, are going for crazy money. That Brentford lad that I'd never heard of, and who had never played a minute of top flight footie, went to Villa for £15m! That makes £44m for Martial look like value.

He want's to stay in England I heard. Not sure we'd be prepared to pay his wages or that he'd want to play for a club without CL football though. Does anybody know how much he is on?

Regarding other possible transfers. I'm not convinced by Pickford myself. Sure, he's better than what we've already got, but is it just one of those instances where he looks really good because he's been constantly kept busy playing for a rubbish team like Sunderland? A bit like Mignolet when he played for Sunderland. Been crap for the RS.

I'd be happy enough with us signing Sigurdsson and Keane though.

Thing is though, who in England in the CL would want Martial? I'm not sure there is anyone. Think Arsenal would take him and I think he'd be keen. But as for wages, not got a clue as to what he could be earning?

I must admit I'm a bit on the fence with Pickford. I'm not sure if he's an awful lot better than what we currently have? He may be slightly better and yeah, he has time on his side to get better, but will he? Does everyone remember Richard Wright. Had a blinding season with a poor Ipswich and earned a big move to Arsenal and flopped massively and then we took him on and although at first he was improved but still he wasn't good enough and made way too many mistakes. Now Pickford could possibly go that way or he could go and kick on, I suppose we'll find out either way wether he moves to us or someone else?!....

As for Keane, I'd like us to get him but can't see it unless Man Utd go and get someone like Lindelof or someone else. But IF Man Utd do get Keane, why don't we go in for Lindelof? The likes of van Dijk & Koulibaly we can forget about imo. I don't mind Maguire who we've been linked to but I wouldn't want him being our one and only main CB target. Now if we signed, say, Lindelof for example, then I wouldn't mind Maguire as another CB option to come in and add competition, but if it was only Maguire we got it wouldn't get my juices going just that signing alone for the back.

Sigurdsson could be very possible if we're seriously interested. Don't get why we're not seriously pushing on with that one tbh? Maybe we already are, who knows?!

Thing is though, who in England in the CL would want Martial? I'm not sure there is anyone. Think Arsenal would take him and I think he'd be keen. But as for wages, not got a clue as to what he could be earning?

I must admit I'm a bit on the fence with Pickford. I'm not sure if he's an awful lot better than what we currently have? He may be slightly better and yeah, he has time on his side to get better, but will he? Does everyone remember Richard Wright. Had a blinding season with a poor Ipswich and earned a big move to Arsenal and flopped massively and then we took him on and although at first he was improved but still he wasn't good enough and made way too many mistakes. Now Pickford could possibly go that way or he could go and kick on, I suppose we'll find out either way wether he moves to us or someone else?!....

As for Keane, I'd like us to get him but can't see it unless Man Utd go and get someone like Lindelof or someone else. But IF Man Utd do get Keane, why don't we go in for Lindelof? The likes of van Dijk & Koulibaly we can forget about imo. I don't mind Maguire who we've been linked to but I wouldn't want him being our one and only main CB target. Now if we signed, say, Lindelof for example, then I wouldn't mind Maguire as another CB option to come in and add competition, but if it was only Maguire we got it wouldn't get my juices going just that signing alone for the back.

Sigurdsson could be very possible if we're seriously interested. Don't get why we're not seriously pushing on with that one tbh? Maybe we already are, who knows?!

I'm sure the RS would take him, but a deal between those two clubs will never happen. Spurs perhaps?

Don't know anything of Lindelof. Is he any good mate? Maguires not a bad shout btw.

Perhaps we are pushing for Sigurdsson. It's only early doors yet. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back