Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No grumbles with Reid.
The lad is a monster. Upsetting for him that the others around him are absolutely terrible.

Good morning everyone, here's an update:

- I have a feeling this will be a good news day
- And that feeling has been replaced by a fleeting sense of dread becuase it probably won't be a good news day
- Oumar Niasse is still an Everton player
- There are about 75 days left till the league starts again

..don't shoot the Messenger Mr Toast. Saying that, I agree it is a bit underwhelming.
This is the problem with our PR team, we just get linked with crap players. We never put anything decent out there so the paper make up links of us trying to buy crap like Winston while the RS get linked with Messi and Ronaldo(bit of an exaggeration)

Unless we start leaking stories of x y z player we will get linked with Reed and Deeney as that's the type of players the papers think we are after.

This is the problem with our PR team, we just get linked with crap players. We never put anything decent out there so the paper make up links of us trying to buy crap like Winston while the RS get linked with Messi and Ronaldo(bit of an exaggeration)

Unless we start leaking stories of x y z player we will get linked with Reed and Deeney as that's the type of players the papers think we are after.

You do realise that the papers just make things up, don't you?

And when (or if) the club did leak information of us being interested in top quality (i.e. Koulibaly) fans then start whinging when we 'miss out'.

I'd much rather us do our business in house.

It's May 30th and the panic has started already with some. It's mental.

God no.

We get linked with high profile players, not sign them, the fume would be 10 times worse.

At least getting linked with dross players and not signing them means we aren't signing crap players.

Thing is though, who in England in the CL would want Martial? I'm not sure there is anyone. Think Arsenal would take him and I think he'd be keen. But as for wages, not got a clue as to what he could be earning?

I must admit I'm a bit on the fence with Pickford. I'm not sure if he's an awful lot better than what we currently have? He may be slightly better and yeah, he has time on his side to get better, but will he? Does everyone remember Richard Wright. Had a blinding season with a poor Ipswich and earned a big move to Arsenal and flopped massively and then we took him on and although at first he was improved but still he wasn't good enough and made way too many mistakes. Now Pickford could possibly go that way or he could go and kick on, I suppose we'll find out either way wether he moves to us or someone else?!....

As for Keane, I'd like us to get him but can't see it unless Man Utd go and get someone like Lindelof or someone else. But IF Man Utd do get Keane, why don't we go in for Lindelof? The likes of van Dijk & Koulibaly we can forget about imo. I don't mind Maguire who we've been linked to but I wouldn't want him being our one and only main CB target. Now if we signed, say, Lindelof for example, then I wouldn't mind Maguire as another CB option to come in and add competition, but if it was only Maguire we got it wouldn't get my juices going just that signing alone for the back.

Sigurdsson could be very possible if we're seriously interested. Don't get why we're not seriously pushing on with that one tbh? Maybe we already are, who knows?!

Who is Lindelof?

Don't we only link players for season tickets ? Or was that so a couple of years ago ?

If we were linked in the papers to players we never signed the fans would be up in arms saying we didn't we get such and such .

Players are linked to the RS because like Man U and a couple of others their click bait for advertisers, we don't really matter and until we do this is what we'll get .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back