Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always held the thought that if bolasie was one of our most creative players whilst we were going through terrible form in the league, then when the whole team improved after the arsenal game onwards, how would he have fared? Considering he had what 5 assists and a goal in a team that looked done for in november, a flying everton with a winger who was creating chances might have really kicked us on and certainly in the last couple of months Bolasie would have given a lot more to the team than Lewen did out of position on the wing.

the thing is, bolasie isn't world class, and his price tag raised expectations of him being better than what he was. But as a useful team player, i personally think he played that part well, and the quick speed and the fact he stayed out wide was different to anything else we had at the time (and now even) so it created balance within the 11.

He may not be the same player when he returns, but you cannot rubbish the fact he was assisting as well as anyone else, and his assist total if the sitters missed were included would have had him not far off the best in the league at the time.

How many assists did lennon, mirallas, lookman, deloufeu, lewen get between them this season?

Spot on.

Away from home he'd have given us a much better chance of getting more results. His pace and strength make him an outlet and the fact he can create something out of nothing helps as well.

Still catching up on pages so not sure if this was revolved but crossing accuracy is a horrendous stat to analyse. You don't just factor in quality of the cross but have to look at the attackers movements, the defenders ability and what the keeper does. Some of the best crosses in the world - say a Candreva - won't have a particularly high success %.

I fully understand mate, me and @DualityNSNO have been going over it via pm - a lot is based on the forwards being on the same wavelength/awake to what the winger is about to do, however a lot of Bolasies crosses hit either Row X, Y or Z, if he actually manages to cross it without losing it, falling over it, or arrogantly trying to Rabona cross it only to trickle out for a throw in.

I fully understand mate, me and @DualityNSNO have been going over it via pm - a lot is based on the forwards being on the same wavelength/awake to what the winger is about to do, however a lot of Bolasies crosses hit either Row X, Y or Z, if he actually manages to cross it without losing it, falling over it, or arrogantly trying to Rabona cross it only to trickle out for a throw in.
Has he ever tried that? I mean, for real, I'd love him for it. It'd look borderline retarded, but still... lol

Well you just have to look at chances created. 20 in 13 games with 4 of those being assists. If we take that as the average that's finishing the season with 60 chances created (second to Barkley) and 12 assists (top) if he stayed fit. Obviously we'll never know for sure I just find him as a strange scapegoat. Sure he's tricks annoy me at times but he's by far the most direct player in the squad. Whether the cross is good or not he gets into the right position because defenders are terrified of him.

Well you just have to look at chances created. 20 in 13 games with 4 of those being assists. If we take that as the average that's finishing the season with 60 chances created (second to Barkley) and 12 assists (top) if he stayed fit. Obviously we'll never know for sure I just find him as a strange scapegoat. Sure he's tricks annoy me at times but he's by far the most direct player in the squad. Whether the cross is good or not he gets into the right position because defenders are terrified of him.

You're right, and hypothetically it all lines up - but it wouldn't have played out like that because everything was being played through him and we went on a 9 game losing streak. Who knows what would have happened if he didn't get injured - we'd either be in the Champions League if the glass is half full, or if things kept going as they were when he was on the pitch - relegation fodder.

He is an average Premier League winger with little end product and a whole host of fancy tricks he learned mugging off defenders in the lower leagues.

Would argue he's the better player just not what we need right now. Unless he sees him as a ball player centre half

He can play about any central position bar that of striker, I guess. He's one of those players that you can actually spend 30 mil on since he's young and he's going to improve even more. He'll be sold with profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back