Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair, but consider this - for a cross to be successful your teammates have to attack the ball, and we've got Lukaku and no one else really bothering, even he sometimes doesn't. It's about putting the cross in the so-called 'danger area', which he does. Football isn't all percentage based after all. (As a side 'request' - can you check/find Deulofeu's cross % for the last 2 seasons, out of interest? lol And as a comparison. I couldn't find anything?!)

I'm not enthralled by his tricks at all tbh, just general usefulness lol It annoys me when he loses the ball like a tit sometimes, but so does Ross and other 'flair' players...

Shots - can't really say anything there, he's quite weird with shots and being unable to keep them down.

Absolutely, but there's a 'danger area', and there's a 'head down hit & hope where nobody is and nobody is going to get to' kind of cross.

Deulofeu's crossing accuracy (not passing) was 29% in 222 mins of football played for us in 16/17 it says which was enough to get him farmed out, yet still 10% better than Bolasie.

I completely and fully agree that Bolasie offers more overall, tracking back and workrate etc., but i'd prefer players on the pitch that are competent in the roles they were bought for rather than not very good but offer more elsewhere. I'd rather 10 Deulofeu's to 10 Bolasie's. Quality beats hard work every time.

Absolutely, but there's a 'danger area', and there's a 'head down hit & hope where nobody is and nobody is going to get to' kind of cross.

Deulofeu's crossing accuracy (not passing) was 29% in 222 mins of football played for us in 16/17 it says which was enough to get him farmed out, yet still 10% better than Bolasie.

I completely and fully agree that Bolasie offers more overall, tracking back and workrate etc., but i'd prefer players on the pitch that are competent in the roles they were bought for rather than not very good but offer more elsewhere. I'd rather 10 Deulofeu's to 10 Bolasie's. Quality beats hard work every time.
Aye, why I asked for last year's stats for Delboy - a "full season". And I agree, but those things/areas are usually worked on in training - Del's were the same (which is why I asked for his stats) - inbetween the two CB's (or the LB and CB), even if no one was ready to attack that, every time. His cross% for this season is about 1 in 5 too, not surprisingly!

Anyway, as you said, transfers eh? We're bad at them.

Aye, why I asked for last year's stats for Delboy - a "full season". And I agree, but those things/areas are usually worked on in training - Del's were the same (which is why I asked for his stats) - inbetween the two CB's (or the LB and CB), even if no one was ready to attack that, every time. His cross% for this season is about 1 in 5 too, not surprisingly!

Anyway, as you said, transfers eh? We're bad at them.

Yes mate. Yes we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back