Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squandered assists don't count as assists, and the fact remains he isn't very good at crossing. It's not an opinion, that's a fact. He isn't very good at shooting, passing or crossing according to all the stats we have on him.

His shooting accuracy in the Premier League is a quite worrying 22% (according to the actual Premier League website) his passing accuracy is 73% according to Squawka. He has never scored more than 5, or assisted more than 6 in an entire Premier League season. His crossing accuracy in his last season at Crystal Palace was 18.1% - all of these REMARKABLY LOW statistics should have set alarm bells ringing but nope... We went and wasted £26m on him. He is 28 years old, in his prime, a winger whose ONLY attribute is speed and now with a severe knee injury.

Biggest waste of money Everton have spent in the Premier League era.

Squandered assists don't count as assists - correct. But you said earlier that "He only created 4 chances that were good enough to score from". That's utterly incorrect. You can't blame Bolasie for the inability of other players to finish what he created.

And as for biggest waste of money Everton have spent in the PL era - that's just an unbelievable statement. In half a season he created more than the majority of our players did in a full season. The fee was high - yes - but he's not been a flop by any stretch of the imagination.

Squandered assists don't count as assists, and the fact remains he isn't very good at crossing. It's not an opinion, that's a fact. He isn't very good at shooting, passing or crossing according to all the stats we have on him.

His shooting accuracy in the Premier League is a quite worrying 22% (according to the actual Premier League website) his passing accuracy is 73% according to Squawka. He has never scored more than 5, or assisted more than 6 in an entire Premier League season. His crossing accuracy in his last season at Crystal Palace was 18.1% - all of these REMARKABLY LOW statistics should have set alarm bells ringing but nope... We went and wasted £26m on him. He is 28 years old, in his prime, a winger whose ONLY attribute is speed and now with a severe knee injury.

Biggest waste of money Everton have spent in the Premier League era.

No they don't, but that wasn't the point.

You said that in so many mins of football he'd only put 4 good crosses in. That isn't true.

He created lots of chances.

And again, you're basing it all on stats. He contributed to the team in other ways - especially away from home. He's strong and powerful and can have an affect anywhere across the front line - which is ideal for how Koeman likes to play.

He was a miss in the second half of the season.

Statistics are the things that actually happen. Which is why people use them. And Schneiderlin is a defensive midfielder so lets use the stats that are appropriate to his position - tackles/interceptions/passing.

I'm not disputing his workrate, i'm disputing the quality.
Tackles are about 5 more than Bolasie, a winger.

?

Stats are everything, after all.

If only you watched the game with your eyes as well.

Also, to quote the Prem website, as you did - he's created 8 big chances. That's 4 easy shots (3 of which I recall off the top of my head) that someone failed to convert into goals, to add to his 4 assists. How is that his fault?

Cross accuracy is bound to be low as a percentage when his main aim is to cross the ball, I have no idea why you're being this obtuse. He was out for about 20 games and still is in our top 5 for crossers, as well as being with the most crosses until about Christmas.

Per Kroldrup is all I'm saying about your last sentence.

Touche.

I'm being obtuse as I can't see for the life of me the attraction. If his main aim was to cross the ball, don't you think he would be even remotely competent at it? 18.1%. Less than 1 in 5 hits its intended target. Shooting, just over 1 in 5 shots is inbetween the sticks - not even past the goalkeeper, just actually on target. He is a 28 year old Premier League footballer, in the alleged prime of his career and he needs 5 attempts to hit the target?

I do watch the games with my eyeballs, and i'm not blinded and amazed by a 'Bolasie flick' or a dozen step-overs. If it comes to nothing its useless.

I just can't take to him, lovely bloke it seems & makes a great Twitter cheerleader but as far as quality on the pitch for us? no thanks.

Touche.

I'm being obtuse as I can't see for the life of me the attraction. If his main aim was to cross the ball, don't you think he would be even remotely competent at it? 18.1%. Less than 1 in 5 hits its intended target. Shooting, just over 1 in 5 shots is inbetween the sticks - not even past the goalkeeper, just actually on target. He is a 28 year old Premier League footballer, in the alleged prime of his career and he needs 5 attempts to hit the target?

I do watch the games with my eyeballs, and i'm not blinded and amazed by a 'Bolasie flick' or a dozen step-overs. If it comes to nothing its useless.

I just can't take to him, lovely bloke it seems & makes a great Twitter cheerleader but as far as quality on the pitch for us? no thanks.
Fair, but consider this - for a cross to be successful your teammates have to attack the ball, and we've got Lukaku and no one else really bothering, even he sometimes doesn't. It's about putting the cross in the so-called 'danger area', which he does. Football isn't all percentage based after all. (As a side 'request' - can you check/find Deulofeu's cross % for the last 2 seasons, out of interest? lol And as a comparison. I couldn't find anything?!)

I'm not enthralled by his tricks at all tbh, just general usefulness lol It annoys me when he loses the ball like a tit sometimes, but so does Ross and other 'flair' players...

Shots - can't really say anything there, he's quite weird with shots and being unable to keep them down.

3x more passes, and defensively EVERYTHING is better. That's what he's on the pitch for. Bolasie is on the pitch to create, and he doesn't do it very well.
But I expect my midfielders to all contribute, etc.

Statistically I can't prove Schneidy is actually as useful as he is in real life - low tackles, sideways passes and all that jazz - but without him we look broken. It's similar with Bolasie - I can't prove, statistically, that he puts pressure on defenders or he always looks to beat his man and cross, but it's evident when you watch his game.

Again, not saying he's some superstar Messi type, but he's an alright player, just we overpaid by 6-8m (depending on reports) - he wasn't worth close to 30, but we shot ourselves in the foot there as we needed players and Palace knew it so they milked us, as they should for our inadequacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back