Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true that Pickford bid has me worried. We have so called money and yet were messing around yet again.? £8m is just stupid.

I don't understand the mentality that because we now have more money to spend, we shouldn't try and get value for money?
Surely we don't want to overpay for players if we don't have to? So start low and then get to a price we can agree on. I've no problem with that.

That said, £8m (if that is correct) was never going to work. But the final price really ought to be closer to £8m than £30m and we shouldn't be held to ransom.

The possible Atletico news is interesting. Has major repercussions for several teams - not least us, as Costa has said he won't go anywhere other than Atletico. Will they shelve Lukaku for another season as a result?
And will we now get Sandro?

People judging him on his England U20 performances are wide of the mark. He's hardly had any game time this season due to his stand off at Chelsea. For the last 5 years he's been regarded as the best English striker in his age group and he's had some decent competition with he likes of Armstrong and Abraham, the latter only getting ahead if him in the pecking order during the last 12 months, probably due to his stand off. DCL has also only come to the fore in the same period and he's had a lot of premier game time this season.

Playing ability wise I'd have been happy had we gone for this lad. But for me, he has this contract stand off issue hanging over his head, and that just raises question marks over his attitude. The lower leagues are full of promising young talent who never made it to the very top due to attitude.

Assuming you mean solanke?

considering the Stifling Chelsea policy of loaning their kids out everywhere and how many young players never get a chance there, is a contract stand off really so wrong from his part seeing as though if he is going to be messed around, why not get a decent wage for it at the same time? If chelsea want to pay him what he wants, great, he goes off to whichever club they loan him to. If he leaves the great, better chance of game time.

If more young players there adopted this policy then Chelsea wouldn't be able to loan like 50 players a summer out comfortably.

If true that Pickford bid has me worried. We have so called money and yet were messing around yet again.? £8m is just stupid.

how so? If the deal is going to happen then we don't want to pay sunderlands asking price. They don't accept our price, we don't accept their price and sometime over the next 2 months We can negotiate a price in the middle and go from there. No rush to get it done, plus Pickford will force the move anyway.

4 assists in 16 appearances isn't 'almost every game' mate. In over 1000 minutes of football he put in 4 crosses or passes which were good enough to score from. In the 16 appearances he has been substituted off 6 times - which shows he hasn't got the quality to take us forward.

I've gone on about his crossing, passing and shooting statistics many times on here before, they are terrible - people are blinded by a little trick here and a little flick there. He wasn't and isn't a stand-out performer for us and never will be. We overpaid by £10m even in this current market.
Did I say stand out? Said useful mate.

And also you mean to tell me that if I go back I won't see him involved in just about every other goal for our first 3 months? And actually Everton have put out a few highlight videos month by month, he's involved in just about everything. And the reliability of stats is amazing as a backup point - he's about as bad as Schneiderlin if we just look at stats.

In fact no, Schneiderlin is absolute turd - 1 goal, 0 assists, subbed in 5 times, subbed out 2 times, only played 1000 minutes as well. Overpaid for him, sack the board, sack the fans, sack everyone.

But that's not the case, is it?

Useful player who is extremely frustrating but could also produce a bit of magic, and tends to put a shift in every time = Bolasie.

And also you mean to tell me that if I go back I won't see him involved in just about every other goal for our first 3 months? And actually Everton have put out a few highlight videos month by month, he's involved in just about everything. And the reliability of stats is amazing as a backup point - he's about as bad as Schneiderlin if we just look at stats.

In fact no, Schneiderlin is absolute turd - 1 goal, 0 assists, subbed in 5 times, subbed out 2 times, only played 1000 minutes as well. Overpaid for him, sack the board, sack the fans, sack everyone.

Useful player who is extremely frustrating but could also produce a bit of magic, and tends to put a shift in every time = Bolasie.

This bit gets me:
"In over 1000 minutes of football he put in 4 crosses or passes which were good enough to score from"

That's just absolutely wrong. I can think of 5 or 6 instances where he put the ball right on people's head - be it Rom or Ross etc, only for them to put it wide/over/at the keeper.
A chance isn't only "good enough to score from" when the assistee scores from it.

What about the two sitters he set up in his first 20 minutes as an Everton player vs WBA.

Or the host of other chances he created that Barkley, Gueye, Lukaku, Mirallas all squandered off the top of my head in the coming games.

Squandered assists don't count as assists, and the fact remains he isn't very good at crossing. It's not an opinion, that's a fact. He isn't very good at shooting, passing or crossing according to all the stats we have on him.

His shooting accuracy in the Premier League is a quite worrying 22% (according to the actual Premier League website) his passing accuracy is 73% according to Squawka. He has never scored more than 5, or assisted more than 6 in an entire Premier League season. His crossing accuracy in his last season at Crystal Palace was 18.1% - all of these REMARKABLY LOW statistics should have set alarm bells ringing but nope... We went and wasted £26m on him. He is 28 years old, in his prime, a winger whose ONLY attribute is speed and now with a severe knee injury.

Biggest waste of money Everton have spent in the Premier League era.

The possible Atletico news is interesting. Has major repercussions for several teams - not least us, as Costa has said he won't go anywhere other than Atletico. Will they shelve Lukaku for another season as a result?

Rumours that Griezmann still wants out regardless. Others saying that they will still sign players but they just cant be registered. Cant see what players would do that with a WC season coming up - unless they sort out loan deals similar to Barca and Turan

Statistics are the things that actually happen. Which is why people use them. And Schneiderlin is a defensive midfielder so lets use the stats that are appropriate to his position - tackles/interceptions/passing.

I'm not disputing his workrate, i'm disputing the quality.

Squandered assists don't count as assists, and the fact remains he isn't very good at crossing. It's not an opinion, that's a fact. He isn't very good at shooting, passing or crossing according to all the stats we have on him.

His shooting accuracy in the Premier League is a quite worrying 22% (according to the actual Premier League website) his passing accuracy is 73% according to Squawka. He has never scored more than 5, or assisted more than 6 in an entire Premier League season. His crossing accuracy in his last season at Crystal Palace was 18.1% - all of these REMARKABLY LOW statistics should have set alarm bells ringing but nope... We went and wasted £26m on him. He is 28 years old, in his prime, a winger whose ONLY attribute is speed and now with a severe knee injury.

Biggest waste of money Everton have spent in the Premier League era.
Stats are everything, after all.

If only you watched the game with your eyes as well.

Also, to quote the Prem website, as you did - he's created 8 big chances. That's 4 easy shots (3 of which I recall off the top of my head) that someone failed to convert into goals, to add to his 4 assists. How is that his fault?

Cross accuracy is bound to be low as a percentage when his main aim is to cross the ball, I have no idea why you're being this obtuse. He was out for about 20 games and still is in our top 5 for crossers, as well as being with the most crosses until about Christmas.

Per Kroldrup is all I'm saying about your last sentence.

chinese-flag-waving-gif-animation-10.gif

JS106473779.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back