Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not awful though, see Niasse for awful. At least he made things happen every so often ffs!

Key word is useful. I find him a very 50/50 player with little to no consistency, but at least he's determined to try and try again, and Naismith was loved for that despite not having legs and being literally transparent (and even worse - Scottish), at least he has some football skill and can definitely cross a ball.

And can we also pay him in burgers?

Fancy a bum mate? xx
I think for me, when I saw him spitting bars I could never forgive him.

Ah time xx

Think the lad must have had some guarantees from Klopp about playing time considering he refused to sign a contract with Chelsea because of a lack of first team opportunities.

I know a few Chelsea fans down here, they rate the lad very highly, and that it will come back to bite them on the arse.
People judging him on his England U20 performances are wide of the mark. He's hardly had any game time this season due to his stand off at Chelsea. For the last 5 years he's been regarded as the best English striker in his age group and he's had some decent competition with he likes of Armstrong and Abraham, the latter only getting ahead if him in the pecking order during the last 12 months, probably due to his stand off. DCL has also only come to the fore in the same period and he's had a lot of premier game time this season.

Playing ability wise I'd have been happy had we gone for this lad. But for me, he has this contract stand off issue hanging over his head, and that just raises question marks over his attitude. The lower leagues are full of promising young talent who never made it to the very top due to attitude.

Bids like that are setting the parameters of negotiations. They want 30, we bid 8, agree a fee og 15-18 mill.

The leverage is sunderland will be doing sums and seeing a massive drop in revenue, but will have to invest themselves.

Makes sense to me.

I agree mate, if the club manages to conduct this transfer for that much we should take our hat off to them

Guys. This thread is currently going at 30 pages a day which is roughly 1000 pages a month. It's bound to pick up once the windows open proper and you can expect 100/200 on deadline day alone.

Could we get to 5000? Would that be a GOT record?

I think we can.

Yes. Had top assists for our team before he got injured.

Incredibly frustrating player, but could always pull a cross out of nowhere, and that's what strikers feed off after all, no?

Two can play this game.

Yes he was. No he's not.

Also boys, the money we spent on him wasn't insane, in a summer where a bang average defender who looks fancy while making defensive errors went for 50. Maybe a bit over the top? Yup. Did we do it to ourselves by waiting and all that? Yup. Stop making it like we've paid 3000000000 million for him for gods sake. 26 mil, so what, we had it, we paid it. Not like we blew all our transfer money on him. He proved to be frustrating, but useful.

4 assists in 16 appearances isn't 'almost every game' mate. In over 1000 minutes of football he put in 4 crosses or passes which were good enough to score from. In the 16 appearances he has been substituted off 6 times - which shows he hasn't got the quality to take us forward.

I've gone on about his crossing, passing and shooting statistics many times on here before, they are terrible - people are blinded by a little trick here and a little flick there. He wasn't and isn't a stand-out performer for us and never will be. We overpaid by £10m even in this current market.

4 assists in 16 appearances isn't 'almost every game' mate. In over 1000 minutes of football he put in 4 crosses or passes which were good enough to score from. In the 16 appearances he has been substituted off 6 times - which shows he hasn't got the quality to take us forward.

I've gone on about his crossing, passing and shooting statistics many times on here before, they are terrible - people are blinded by a little trick here and a little flick there. He wasn't and isn't a stand-out performer for us and never will be. We overpaid by £10m even in this current market.

What about the two sitters he set up in his first 20 minutes as an Everton player vs WBA.

Or the host of other chances he created that Barkley, Gueye, Lukaku, Mirallas all squandered off the top of my head in the coming games.

Guys. This thread is currently going at 30 pages a day which is roughly 1000 pages a month. It's bound to pick up once the windows open proper and you can expect 100/200 on deadline day alone.

Could we get to 5000? Would that be a GOT record?

I think we can.
Maybe...but that would make the thread become about 4700 out of 5000 pages of pyar tosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back