Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent £23m on him.

Barring a top four finish, we're never paying £28m.

Plus, Bolasie is good and would've made a big difference in the second half of the season.

But it's all hypothetical.

Anyway, this Pickford stuff. Nonsense. The fee just keeps chopping and changing. Joyce, Hunter, Bascombe, King. OR, the trusted north east journos are the ones who will have info on this.

Not the Echo, who have been out of the loop for over a year.
How do you work that out? Our form improved massively once Bolasie got injured.

He is a hindrance to our play, not a help.

No it didn't. We lost to Watford and the RS either side of that Arsenal game fgs. Then beat Leicester and drew at Hull ffs.

Bolasie added pace and power and is a player that Koeman likes.

At the start of the season everything went through him because others (Ross, Kev) weren't stepping up and let's be honest Koeman hadn't really figured out how he wanted to play.

Throw Bolasie into that side that went on the good run in the second half of the season, when Schneiderlin came in and we were playing how Koeman wanted with Davies and Barkley both in form, and he'd have been really useful.

He's in no way a 'hindrance'. The guy creates chances.

No it didn't. We lost to Watford and the RS either side of that Arsenal game fgs. Then beat Leicester and drew at Hull ffs.

At the start of the season everything went through him because others (Ross, Kev) weren't stepping up and let's be honest Koeman hadn't really figured out how he wanted to play.

Throw Bolasie into that side that went on the good run in the second half of the season, when Schneiderlin came in and we were playing how Koeman wanted with Davies and Barkley both in form, and he'd have been really useful.

Get the ball, [Poor language removed] about with it, lose it. I'd say that's a hindrance.

I sincerely, sincerely, sincerely hope he proves me wrong mate, I hope he comes back and storms it for us - I just can't see it. He's been the same for the whole of his career and especially after this injury I don't think he will offer anything other than 'useful'.

I have always held the thought that if bolasie was one of our most creative players whilst we were going through terrible form in the league, then when the whole team improved after the arsenal game onwards, how would he have fared? Considering he had what 5 assists and a goal in a team that looked done for in november, a flying everton with a winger who was creating chances might have really kicked us on and certainly in the last couple of months Bolasie would have given a lot more to the team than Lewen did out of position on the wing.

the thing is, bolasie isn't world class, and his price tag raised expectations of him being better than what he was. But as a useful team player, i personally think he played that part well, and the quick speed and the fact he stayed out wide was different to anything else we had at the time (and now even) so it created balance within the 11.

He may not be the same player when he returns, but you cannot rubbish the fact he was assisting as well as anyone else, and his assist total if the sitters missed were included would have had him not far off the best in the league at the time.

How many assists did lennon, mirallas, lookman, deloufeu, lewen get between them this season?

We always lose to Liverpool, especially at Anfield.

Everything went through Bolasie because he was constantly played. He used to run around like a headless chicken.

What about his form before his injury? People were calling for him to be dropped!

Tbh, I hope we turf him out back to Palace before he gets to wear an Everton shirt again.

Biggest waste of money since Niassé.

We always lose to Liverpool, especially at Anfield.

Everything went through Bolasie because he was constantly played. He used to run around like a headless chicken.

What about his form before his injury? People were calling for him to be dropped!

Tbh, I hope we turf him out back to Palace before he gets to wear an Everton shirt again.

Biggest waste of money since Niassé.

People were calling for him to dropped? Yeah only the people who made their minds up prior to him even putting the shirt on.

He was our most dangerous attacking weapon, we missed his impact in games all season, his direct running and willingness to lash the ball in the box would have been a powerful weapon in our Arsenal.

But hey ho, football isnt for everyone.

Touche.

I'm being obtuse as I can't see for the life of me the attraction. If his main aim was to cross the ball, don't you think he would be even remotely competent at it? 18.1%. Less than 1 in 5 hits its intended target. Shooting, just over 1 in 5 shots is inbetween the sticks - not even past the goalkeeper, just actually on target. He is a 28 year old Premier League footballer, in the alleged prime of his career and he needs 5 attempts to hit the target?

I do watch the games with my eyeballs, and i'm not blinded and amazed by a 'Bolasie flick' or a dozen step-overs. If it comes to nothing its useless.

I just can't take to him, lovely bloke it seems & makes a great Twitter cheerleader but as far as quality on the pitch for us? no thanks.

Still catching up on pages so not sure if this was revolved but crossing accuracy is a horrendous stat to analyse. You don't just factor in quality of the cross but have to look at the attackers movements, the defenders ability and what the keeper does. Some of the best crosses in the world - say a Candreva - won't have a particularly high success %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back