Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Grey jesus wept, I know I said we'd mostly sign prem players but what actually is the point in Walsh if 95% of what he can produce are premier league footballers, doesn't take a genius to know that we'd have to over pay.. We spent a fortune to appoint him and his mates so he can say sign Williams and Grey is pretty comical.

I think there's a class of egos already, Walsh having to say he will try convince Koeman can be a disaster. From what i understand he tried to convince Koeman over Ishak Belfodil for months and when he said no had no other options.

Elstone who is going nowhere btw and he said we need bang for buck and that really implies sell to buy so don't expect big signings until we sell the money simply isn't there.

We spent 84 Mil on wages last season, and in jan we lowered wage bill as a priority. Where's the rest of the TV money gone? Imagine if it was bill still majority and not being used as a scapegoat.. He got dogs abuse over few million of Arteta money

The Teodorczyk rumor is interesting. Would not mind him as a second striking option (especially should Rom stay). Lad has goals in him, and at 26 is a good age. For 10-15 million would be worth a go.

Had a good run in Europa last campaign.
Not good enough. He would fit in Stoke or West Bromwich.

Cleverley already a done deal isnt it ? so hes gone !

i wouldnt sell Besic his value is low at the minute for potentially a good player !

Cant see anyone touching Lennon whilst he's not up to it
Would sell McCarthy before Besic. He seems just as injury prone as Mo of late, would fetch a far better price (certainly at least £15m but maybe as much as £20m), plus his allegiance is certainly in question following recent conscious decisions he has made regarding his national team.

If we do bring in two new centre backs, I would also sell Mori. He just has too many mistakes in him and we've been very lucky this past season that they didn't result in more goals conceded.

Agree fully on Lennon. It would be wrong to sell him until he has recovered fully from the mental problems he's going through, but can't see there being any takers anyway. He needs the clubs support at the moment.

If we are selling Rom, then ratface for two seasons for a quarter of what we got for Rom wouldn't be terrible business if we used the rest to bring in other younger options.

Lukaku out for 90m, Vardy 25m, Iheanacho 20m and Dolberg 30m in with 15m spare, we'd certainly not be worse off.
I don't like the guy one bit, but I'm sure he'll get the majority of fans behind him should he start knocking the goals in, especially against the likes of RS etc.

Not good enough. He would fit in Stoke or West Bromwich.
Who do you think we can attract to be the striking option that spends most of his time on the bench?

Not being snarky, genuinely asking. I doubt we will do better than someone like him who is a step up to me from Kone and Niasse...

The biggest concern with Vardy to me is he is a player that relies on pace and is over 30....

All this chatter simply underlines that the best signings we can make are getting Ross and Rom to stay.

If bring in a 30 year old Vardy for big bucks to replace Rom we might as well pack it in. Makes the distance between us and the teams above us so much larger.

Andre Grey jesus wept, I know I said we'd mostly sign prem players but what actually is the point in Walsh if 95% of what he can produce are premier league footballers, doesn't take a genius to know that we'd have to over pay.. We spent a fortune to appoint him and his mates so he can say sign Williams and Grey is pretty comical.

I think there's a class of egos already, Walsh having to say he will try convince Koeman can be a disaster. From what i understand he tried to convince Koeman over Ishak Belfodil for months and when he said no had no other options.

Elstone who is going nowhere btw and he said we need bang for buck and that really implies sell to buy so don't expect big signings until we sell the money simply isn't there.

We spent 84 Mil on wages last season, and in jan we lowered wage bill as a priority. Where's the rest of the TV money gone? Imagine if it was bill still majority and not being used as a scapegoat.. He got dogs abuse over few million of Arteta money

This bold bit is baubles.

Not to be pedantic, because you're perfectly entitled to your opinions, but you've been a member here for about 10 days and I've yet to see you post anything that isn't a whinge based on - mostly - conjecture :)

The Teodorczyk rumor is interesting. Would not mind him as a second striking option (especially should Rom stay). Lad has goals in him, and at 26 is a good age. For 10-15 million would be worth a go.

Had a good run in Europa last campaign.

RSCA wants to sell him. They bought him from Kiev but they had to offer him a high wage, so they think it's better to get rid. He can leave for a reasonable offer. They also aren't sure he can replicate what he has done this year. They've already offered him on the Chinese market. They're also starting to become fed up with his behaviour. They won the title and he refused to go to a large part of the official obligations. He also refuses to give interviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back