Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think we can attract to be the striking option that spends most of his time on the bench?

Not being snarky, genuinely asking. I doubt we will do better than someone like him who is a step up to me from Kone and Niasse...
Don't know really, but I'd rather give Calvert-Lewin more game time at central position than sign average (at best) striker to sit on the bench.

Signing starters, not squad players. That shpuld be our way to go.

RSCA wants to sell him. They bought him from Kiev but they had to offer him a high wage, so they think it's better to get rid. He can leave for a reasonable offer. They also aren't sure he can replicate what he has done this year. They've already offered him on the Chinese market. They're also starting to become fed up with his behaviour. They won the title and he refused to go to a large part of the official obligations. He also refuses to give interviews...
And after a great run in late 2016 he scored what? 4 goals this year?

I'd be underwhelmed if we sign him.

If bring in a 30 year old Vardy for big bucks to replace Rom we might as well pack it in. Makes the distance between us and the teams above us so much larger.
Who did Utd bring in last season and what age was he ?

I think we are getting too hung up on age.
We have a fleet of young players and have moved on a number of older players, the remaining elder statesmen are now more peripheral and help fill out the squad.

The signing of a player or two without resale value is not the worst thing in the world and shows that are transfer policies are not dictated by finance alone.

When will people learn. Media n social media rumours are mostly nonsense . Think people enjoy the fume over stuff they know is rubbish or should know after years of it.

And after a great run in late 2016 he scored what? 4 goals this year?

I'd be underwhelmed if we sign him.

Yes something like that mate; he did score twice in the match that made them champions. It wasn't a pretty sight to see in 2017; he kept working hard (for himself and the team) but no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't score. The last part of the season Thelin was the better striker.

Who did Utd bring in last season and what age was he ?

I think we are getting too hung up on age.
We have a fleet of young players and have moved on a number of older players, the remaining elder statesmen are now more peripheral and help fill out the squad.

The signing of a player or two without resale value is not the worst thing in the world and shows that are transfer policies are not dictated by finance alone.
You're comparing Vardy to Ibra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back