Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky reporting that Celtic are trying to sign Patrick Roberts for 5 mill from City. Don't think technically the 18 months in Scotland will have done him much good but know he was highly thought of when City signed him from Fulham and he'll be used to the physicality side of things having been roughed up playing sunday league football up there. Is he worth a punt for 5 million?

I saw a couple of glimpses of him playing for Celtic and he looked to have something about him, but in the same way Conor McAleney does.

A bit small like and i'm not sure i'd take the risk on him at Everton to be honest.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald will have seen more of him though.

Patrick Roberts is a real throwback to the days when wingers were super skillful, tricky players, not sprinters who can run all day but have little to no technical ability. I'd love him at Everton.

Don't link The Sun
What the hell are you on about; Kara is a grade one idiot. You can't redefine every form of criticism as racism. The thing with Anderlecht is; they don't take kindly to players who are playing badly. If you play bad, you get gentle booing. He gets stick when he does something stupid again like playing a short ball to the goalkeeper... Unless you're a crowd favourite like Tielemans, Boussoufa, Zetterberg, Jestrovic, Wasyl, Teodorczyk, Deschacht (don't know why), Stoica, Dendoncker, even Suarez (and he kept getting injured), Radzinski (huge adoration for that one), Koller ... He thinks he's too good for booing; he certainly is not.Kara thinks he is the king; King Kara.

Oh one of his predecessors Mbemba very much loved (also black in case you're wondering). Off course he's on his way out; they promised him that and everybody is happy about it. He can also get his knee operation then (unless that was another one of his lies; maybe he just said he needed one because he was angry that he couldn't leave in January -to Swansea or Leicester if I am not mistaken). If you're bored you can watch this: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/programmas/extratime/2.49405?video=1.2948030 . Be sure to watch his brilliant passing. That being said he could turn out to be a decent premier league defender but he remains an idiot.

And ffs Lukaku doesn't get booed because he's black. In case you hadn't noticed already a lot of players in the Belgium squad are black. None of them get booed. Only he gets booed. His replacements; Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke, Dimata (he'll be the next in line) are also black. Unless you can come up with an explanation why he's the only black player who gets booed because he's black. For some reason (even though Lukaku is the best choice in most matches) some want Batshuayi (good finisher-footwork and very friendly character)/Origi (runs a lot I suppose)/Benteke (good target man) to lead the line. This being said; it's sad he gets booed from time to time, but it has nothing to do with his race.

<link removed>

"I no longer applaud Anderlecht's fans at the end of matches these days. Some of them treat me differently to the club's other players.

"I have had messages on my phone from Anderlecht fans calling me a monkey, or telling me and my family to go back home. I have kept them all.

"It all weighs down on me. Some days I don't even want to leave my house when I wake up.

- Original article was in french

Hardly made it up, dispute source if you'd like, and Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke, Dimata hardly start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky reporting that Celtic are trying to sign Patrick Roberts for 5 mill from City. Don't think technically the 18 months in Scotland will have done him much good but know he was highly thought of when City signed him from Fulham and he'll be used to the physicality side of things having been roughed up playing sunday league football up there. Is he worth a punt for 5 million?

City signed him from Fulham for nearly £13m so I really can't see this happening unless it's with a buyback like with Enes Unal.

I like him anyway if he was available for that price.

I saw a couple of glimpses of him playing for Celtic and he looked to have something about him, but in the same way Conor McAleney does.

A bit small like and i'm not sure i'd take the risk on him at Everton to be honest.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald will have seen more of him though.

We need to be signing these types of players now, similar to Dembele at Celtic and Sessegnon at Fulham too, because if we don't roll the dice on them at this stage of their career we'll never get them. Look at van Dijk and Stones as examples. Getting them one move before their £50+mill moves is the only way we'll have any chance of getting them.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ier-league-as-his-own-fans-called-him-monkey/

"I no longer applaud Anderlecht's fans at the end of matches these days. Some of them treat me differently to the club's other players.

"I have had messages on my phone from Anderlecht fans calling me a monkey, or telling me and my family to go back home. I have kept them all.

"It all weighs down on me. Some days I don't even want to leave my house when I wake up.

- Original article was in french

Hardly made it up, dispute source if you'd like, and Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke, Dimata hardly start.
You might want to remove that link you've posted

Exclusive: Everton demand Chelsea star as part of Lukaku move
Date published: Monday 5th June 2017 9:53

Lukaku-Batshuayi.jpg

Everton have told Chelsea they would like Michy Batshuayi as part of any deal to take Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge, TEAMtalk has been told.

"Chelsea and Everton have been talking for weeks over a deal, with Everton wanting close to £100milion and Chelsea looking at nearer £80million – but now it seems a player in exchange could help.

Chelsea are more than happy to include Belgian Batshuayi – but we’ve learnt the striker has also been told of Monaco’s interest in him, and he would prefer a move to the Prinicipality, if given the option.

Chelsea are also locked in talks with Monaco about midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, though that move appears to have stalled in recent days over their desire to land Batshuayi.

The Blues have since looked at Lyon’s Corentin Tolisso as an alternative should any deal for Bakayoko officially hit the rocks.

GettyImages.594394592.jpg

And with Chelsea preferring to move Batshuayi on to Everton as part of a swoop for Lukaku, Antonio Conte’s side are likely to face a tough choice in the coming days over which transfer is their priority.

Everton are busy scouring the market for a replacement for Lukaku and on Sunday were linked with Leicester’s Jamie Vardy.

However, Batshuayi is Ronald Koeman’s top choice as the Toffees finally come to terms with life without their talismanic frontman."

Yes I know "Teamtalk" but hey it's a transfer rumour so let's run with it! Think it's Graeme Bailey who is behind that though and he's a respected? Journalist who used to work for Sky.

I would never say I'd be happy losing Lukaku, but if he's going to go anyway no matter what, then this would probably be the best deal for me and would definitely soften the blow.

He looks a decent finisher and could score a fair few goals for us with regular games. If we could get him and say 40 million on top I don't think that's the worst scenario in the world.

Exclusive: Everton demand Chelsea star as part of Lukaku move
Date published: Monday 5th June 2017 9:53

Lukaku-Batshuayi.jpg

Everton have told Chelsea they would like Michy Batshuayi as part of any deal to take Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge, TEAMtalk has been told.

"Chelsea and Everton have been talking for weeks over a deal, with Everton wanting close to £100milion and Chelsea looking at nearer £80million – but now it seems a player in exchange could help.

Chelsea are more than happy to include Belgian Batshuayi – but we’ve learnt the striker has also been told of Monaco’s interest in him, and he would prefer a move to the Prinicipality, if given the option.

Chelsea are also locked in talks with Monaco about midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, though that move appears to have stalled in recent days over their desire to land Batshuayi.

The Blues have since looked at Lyon’s Corentin Tolisso as an alternative should any deal for Bakayoko officially hit the rocks.

GettyImages.594394592.jpg

And with Chelsea preferring to move Batshuayi on to Everton as part of a swoop for Lukaku, Antonio Conte’s side are likely to face a tough choice in the coming days over which transfer is their priority.

Everton are busy scouring the market for a replacement for Lukaku and on Sunday were linked with Leicester’s Jamie Vardy.

However, Batshuayi is Ronald Koeman’s top choice as the Toffees finally come to terms with life without their talismanic frontman."

Yes I know "Teamtalk" but hey it's a transfer rumour so let's run with it! Think it's Graeme Bailey who is behind that though and he's a respected? Journalist who used to work for Sky.

I would never say I'd be happy losing Lukaku, but if he's going to go anyway no matter what, then this would probably be the best deal for me and would definitely soften the blow.

He looks a decent finisher and could score a fair few goals for us with regular games. If we could get him and say 40 million on top I don't think that's the worst scenario in the world.

So that values him around £60m? I'd want £70m and Batshuayi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back