Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think this forum needs a slap of realism these days. Half the fan base know where we are and what we can get, the other half see £££ and automatically want to be the English galacticos.

I dont think so. We had been told by the new owner and board that we can now compete financially with some of the teams above us. Maybe not chelsea or city but the likes of spurs and liverpool in the market for players. Yet we have have spent very very little in the last 2 windows. So i dont think fans got carried away. They went with what the board told them. They board just havent spent. So all this talk of a project is a load of dribble unless they get the wallet open to a reasonable degree (and thats not including the monies of players sold). Otherwise this new owner has made zero difference on progression of the squad.

I dont think so. We had been told by the new owner and board that we can now compete financially with some of the teams above us. Maybe not chelsea or city but the likes of spurs and liverpool in the market for players. Yet we have have spent very very little in the last 2 windows. So i dont think fans got carried away. They went with what the board told them. They board just havent spent. So all this talk of a project is a load of dribble unless they get the wallet open to a reasonable degree (and thats not including the monies of players sold). Otherwise this new owner has made zero difference on progression of the squad.

We spent more than Liverpool and Spurs last season.

Sky reporting that Celtic are trying to sign Patrick Roberts for 5 mill from City. Don't think technically the 18 months in Scotland will have done him much good but know he was highly thought of when City signed him from Fulham and he'll be used to the physicality side of things having been roughed up playing sunday league football up there. Is he worth a punt for 5 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back