Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged on this evening and liked the fact that I'd 15 pages to read . 15 pages of transfer gossip but no it's just general chit chat ... fair enough there seems to be very little going on transfer wise but leave this page " transfer rumour page " to that .... transfer rumour ... if ya want to have a general chit chat why not set up seperate page ... GOT is great and I love it ...
I agree with you .......

Sofiane Hanni is absolutely fantastic in that Anderlecht side, he's massively under rated because of Youri and Dendoncker. Also their CB looks like he's on the way out, Leicester have been interested, he's a complete rock at the back. He is close friends with Gueye, wouldn't be against signing him.

The Anderlecht fans are horrible to Kara, some even racist. Lukaku got the same treatment mind but in smaller amounts, sometimes when Lukaku plays for the national team he is boo'd also. People say because they're standard fans/he is lazy but deep down its bit sinister imo..
With you on Hanni. Reminds me of Brahimi, but more direct and frankly, more effective. Different players and different positions, but just look similar to me. Maybe its the build, I don't know.

I'm as much of a sucker as everyone else in here for big money FIFA 5* kills FM wonderkid signings, but it is interesting to look back at last summer - who would have called Gueye being a much better signing than Williams?

Let's just wait and see.

(Although please buy a fast left-back, Baines isn't very good on FIFA.)

I'm as much of a sucker as everyone else in here for big money FIFA 5* kills FM wonderkid signings, but it is interesting to look back at last summer - who would have called Gueye being a much better signing than Williams?

Let's just wait and see.

(Although please buy a fast left-back, Baines isn't very good on FIFA.)

I called it

Logged on this evening and liked the fact that I'd 15 pages to read . 15 pages of transfer gossip but no it's just general chit chat ... fair enough there seems to be very little going on transfer wise but leave this page " transfer rumour page " to that .... transfer rumour ... if ya want to have a general chit chat why not set up seperate page ... GOT is great and I love it ...
I reckon the 'general chit chat' in here serves as an outlet for bottled up angst.
And let's be honest, angst is near permanent companion to an Evertonian.
I enjoy the repartee in here; it offers humorous distraction.

Sofiane Hanni is absolutely fantastic in that Anderlecht side, he's massively under rated because of Youri and Dendoncker. Also their CB looks like he's on the way out, Leicester have been interested, he's a complete rock at the back. He is close friends with Gueye, wouldn't be against signing him.

The Anderlecht fans are horrible to Kara, some even racist. Lukaku got the same treatment mind but in smaller amounts, sometimes when Lukaku plays for the national team he is booed also. People say because they're standard fans/he is lazy but deep down its bit sinister imo..

What the hell are you on about; Kara is a grade one idiot. You can't redefine every form of criticism as racism. The thing with Anderlecht is; they don't take kindly to players who are playing badly. If you play bad, you get gentle booing. He gets stick when he does something stupid again like playing a short ball to the goalkeeper... Unless you're a crowd favourite like Tielemans, Boussoufa, Zetterberg, Jestrovic, Wasyl, Teodorczyk, Deschacht (don't know why), Stoica, Dendoncker, even Suarez (and he kept getting injured), Radzinski (huge adoration for that one), Koller ... He thinks he's too good for booing; he certainly is not.Kara thinks he is the king; King Kara.

Oh one of his predecessors Mbemba very much loved (also black in case you're wondering). Off course he's on his way out; they promised him that and everybody is happy about it. He can also get his knee operation then (unless that was another one of his lies; maybe he just said he needed one because he was angry that he couldn't leave in January -to Swansea or Leicester if I am not mistaken). If you're bored you can watch this: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/programmas/extratime/2.49405?video=1.2948030 . Be sure to watch his brilliant passing. That being said he could turn out to be a decent premier league defender but he remains an idiot.

And ffs Lukaku doesn't get booed because he's black. In case you hadn't noticed already a lot of players in the Belgium squad are black. None of them get booed. Only he gets booed. His replacements; Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke, Dimata (he'll be the next in line) are also black. Unless you can come up with an explanation why he's the only black player who gets booed because he's black. For some reason (even though Lukaku is the best choice in most matches) some want Batshuayi (good finisher-footwork and very friendly character)/Origi (runs a lot I suppose)/Benteke (good target man) to lead the line. This being said; it's sad he gets booed from time to time, but it has nothing to do with his race.

Last edited:
What the hell are you on about; Kara is a grade one idiot. You can't redefine every form of criticism as racism. The thing with Anderlecht is; they don't take kindly to players who are playing badly. If you play bad, you get gentle booing. He gets stick when he does something stupid again like playing a short ball to the goalkeeper... Unless you're a crowd favourite like Tielemans, Boussoufa, Zetterberg, Jestrovic, Wasyl, Teodorczyk, Deschacht (don't know why), Stoica, Dendoncker, even Suarez (and he kept getting injured), Radzinski (huge adoration for that one), Koller ... He thinks he's too good for booing; he certainly is not.Kara thinks he is the king; King Kara.

Oh one of his predecessors Mbemba very much loved (also black in case you're wondering). Off course he's on his way out; they promised him that and everybody is happy about it. He can also get his knee operation then (unless that was another one of his lies; maybe he just said he needed one because he was angry that he couldn't leave in January -to Swansea or Leicester if I am not mistaken). If you're bored you can watch this: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/programmas/extratime/2.49405?video=1.2948030 . Be sure to watch his brilliant passing. That being said he could turn out to be a decent premier league defender but he remains an idiot.

And ffs Lukaku doesn't get booed because he's black. In case you hadn't noticed already a lot of players in the Belgium squad are black. None of them get booed. Only he gets booed. His replacements; Batshuayi, Origi, Benteke, Dimata (he'll be the next in line) are also black. Unless you can come up with an explanation why he's the only black player who gets booed because he's black. For some reason (even though Lukaku is the best choice in most matches) some want Batshuayi (good finisher-footwork and very friendly character)/Origi (runs a lot I suppose)/Benteke (good target man) to lead the line. This being said; it's sad he gets booed from time to time, but it has nothing to do with his race.

Bit sad that Dimata is off to Wolfsburg; think he'll turn out great at little outlay.

...what's in the papers this morning;

- according to the Birmingham Mail, Everton and Birmingham City are after young French holding midfielder Junior Sambia.

- lots of Lukaku to United or Chelsea rumours, 4th Official suggest Wayne Rooney will be offered as part of any United deal.

- Sky Sports says Everton target Dendoncker is due to hold talks over his future with his club, Anderlecht.

- Daily Post says Everton are interested in Burnley's Andre Gray who only has 12 months left on his contract.

- Eider Gudjohnsen is quoted as saying Gylfi Sigurdsson will be very tempted to try his luck with Everton.

- a report in Scotland says Everton will rival Celtic in a move for Iranian international forward Sardar Azmoun. Rodgers apparently wanted the Rostov player when he was in charge of the Reds.

- The Express suggests Everton will target Jamie Vardy if Lukaku leaves.

- The Mirror reports Everton interest in Hull City left back, Andrew Robertson.

Looked decent in the few minutes I have seen him play.

..yes, he's highly thought of but he struggled defensively for a period at Hull last season. Remember he gave a few penalties away but I suppose he's come onto the scene very quickly after really impressing for Scotland so a slight dip might have been expected. The Reds are also rumoured to be interested.

...yes, I only watched the YouTube clips but he doesn't look the big, powerful type. Decent looking footballer, though.

Yeh his style seems to have changed since he first popped on the radar as his body has grown. I know he's thought of as Iran's most talented player since like the Nekounam days. Sure Barca etc. have been linked in the past.

Yeh his style seems to have changed since he first popped on the radar as his body has grown. I know he's thought of as Iran's most talented player since like the Nekounam days. Sure Barca etc. have been linked in the past.
Quick wiki search says he's Iran's 3rd highest goalscorer apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back