Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very bad business model.
You don't appear to understand business.
The club do and thankfully would not do that.
Get out of the playground.
It's about playing them at their own game he is not bigger then the club and never will be!! Should have more respect!!! doesn't matter how childish you or anyone else thinks that is it's an opinion that I have. like all of us on here very much entitled too it

Yeah.

we should really be beating sociedad to a signing, but its really if the player wants to leave Spain or not

Real Sociedad are a bigger club in Spain than Everton are over there mate.

We've outbid them, supposedly, by a very decent amount.

But given the player - again, supposedly - would be very keen on a Sociedad move, it may be difficult.

Still, at least we're making moves and offering good money.

Lacazette has said he is intrested in the prem and champions league isn't a must. He wants to be playing football more than anything.

For me we must go all out to at least try and get him.

Saw that, probably trying to entice Arsenal into going in for him now Atl. Madrid are banned from signing players and he won't be going there...

But agree, with what's going on with Lukaku, we should make a play for him and see if he'd fancy the move?!

We got Williams in before going for Koulibaly.

And he has helped our defence improve.

Also, Moshiri - and Napoli's chairman - confirmed that we bid for Koulibaly. We matched Chelsea's £50m offer.

Napoli didn't want to sell. Hence he stayed.
Mmm hmm. There are lots of reasons why bids don't become buys.

Where's my spreadsheet with the +£40m net spend?

It's about playing them at their own game he is not bigger then the club and never will be!! Should have more respect!!! doesn't matter how childish you or anyone else thinks that is it's an opinion that I have. like all of us on here very much entitled too it
Yea but get out of your own mind for a second. That would dissuade any good player from ever signing for us. Think.

We got Williams in before going for Koulibaly.

And he has helped our defence improve.

Also, Moshiri - and Napoli's chairman - confirmed that we bid for Koulibaly. We matched Chelsea's £50m offer.

Napoli didn't want to sell. Hence he stayed.

Devils advocate time, matching a Chelsea bid, accepted or not could almost be attributed as a phantom bid, as it would have zero chance of the player choosing Everton ahead of them. A bid we make exceeding another team such as them, meaning the selling club would accept ours and reject the lower offer would carry a lot more weight in terms of intentions.

Else we could simply matchbtge bid any of city, United, Chelsea made on players and claim a huge intent, in reality it would show nothing...

Real Sociedad are a bigger club in Spain than Everton are over there mate.

We've outbid them, supposedly, by a very decent amount.

But given the player - again, supposedly - would be very keen on a Sociedad move, it may be difficult.

Still, at least we're making moves and offering good money.

If players are choosing soceidad ahead of us mate, then it's very worrying, seems we always target players who don't want to leave Spain...

Mmm hmm. There are lots of reasons why bids don't become buys.

Where's my spreadsheet with the +£40m net spend?

Okay, here's the figures - based off reported / confirmed fees.

OUTS (since July 1st 2016, not inc. loans)

Stones - £47.5m
Gibson - £2m
Oviedo - £4m

Total: £53.5m (approx)

INS (since July 1st 2016, not inc. loans)

Stek - £850,000
Gueye - £7.1m
Williams - £11m
Bolasie - £25m (some will say £28m)
Calvert-Lewin - £1.5m
Lookman - £10m
Schneiderlin - £24m

Total: £79.5m

So yeh, approx £26m net spend on transfers. I hadn't included Clevs on that though so when he 'officially' goes (July 1st) that net spend will be down to just the £18m (approx).

Got my maths mixed up in the op so I apologise for that. My bad.

Devils advocate time, matching a Chelsea bid, accepted or not could almost be attributed as a phantom bid, as it would have zero chance of the player choosing Everton ahead of them. A bid we make exceeding another team such as them, meaning the selling club would accept ours and reject the lower offer would carry a lot more weight in terms of intentions.

Else we could simply matchbtge bid any of city, United, Chelsea made on players and claim a huge intent, in reality it would show nothing...

But the Napoli president confirmed it long before Moshiri did. He said it last summer.

So yeh, this wasn't a 'phantom' bid. We did go large for him.

Now, I imagine that the majority (well. £34m to be exact) of that £50m was then spent in the Jan window bringing in Lookman and a certain French adonis.

If players are choosing soceidad ahead of us mate, then it's very worrying, seems we always target players who don't want to leave Spain...

There's no evidence this is the case.

Apparently Llorente was very keen to move to Sociedad. But that may well have been before we made our interest known (or at least confirmed it with a bid). Obviously, we can't be sure.

With Sandro, he's not said either way. You can't blame him for wanting to pick Atleti over us, but at the same time there's no evidence he wants to 'stay in Spain'.

All we know on that one is that we've matched the buy-out clause (which isn't exactly a feat, granted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back