Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he certainly had a difficult patch for them this season.

The Echo are quoting reports from Italy suggesting Lazio winger and former Barcelona youth product, Keira Balde Diao could be Everton's first player in. I don't think many will be disappointed if that is accurate.

He's looked much better this season now he's been given more responsibility. Was always vying for wing space before they switched up formations. Would be a perfect Mirallas replacement.

Players likely to remain:

One of Robles and Stek
Baines
Williams
Jagielka
Funes Mori
Coleman*
Holgate
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Lennon*
Gueye
Barry
Besic
Davies
Bolasie*
Mirallas
Calvert-Lewin
Lookman

*unlikely to play in the early part of the season due to injury/illness. (Could probably include Besic here as well!)

Players likely to leave (on permanent deals or loans):
One of Robles or Stek
Browning
Galloway
Barkley
Deulofeu
Cleverley
McCarthy
Tarashaj
McGeady
Kone
Lukaku
Niasse
Rodriguez

I make that 15 fit first team players (plus a few good prospects like Kenny and Dowell from the u23s) including only one recognised GK and no out and out CFs. Clearly some of the players on the "leaving" list won't go but then some on the "staying" list may. It appears to me that we need at least 6 new players but probably more like 8 and with our first competitive matches only 6 weeks away we need to get cracking.

Players likely to remain:

One of Robles and Stek
Baines
Williams
Jagielka
Funes Mori
Coleman*
Holgate
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Lennon*
Gueye
Barry
Besic
Davies
Bolasie*
Mirallas
Calvert-Lewin
Lookman

*unlikely to play in the early part of the season due to injury/illness. (Could probably include Besic here as well!)

Players likely to leave (on permanent deals or loans):
One of Robles or Stek
Browning
Galloway
Barkley
Deulofeu
Cleverley
McCarthy
Tarashaj
McGeady
Kone
Lukaku
Niasse
Rodriguez

I make that 15 fit first team players (plus a few good prospects like Kenny and Dowell from the u23s) including only one recognised GK and no out and out CFs. Clearly some of the players on the "leaving" list won't go but then some on the "staying" list may. It appears to me that we need at least 6 new players but probably more like 8 and with our first competitive matches only 6 weeks away we need to get cracking.

Koeman has said he likes a small first team squad + some U23 players. So he likely won't want more than 18/19.

Koeman has said he likes a small first team squad + some U23 players. So he likely won't want more than 18/19.
With 4 competitions next year that's a worry for me. We looked knackered this year by April and we essentially only played in one competition (given our dreadful cup runs). If RonKo wants to play a high energy pressing game, which seems to be the consensus on here, and have a decent crack at Europe we will need more than 18 players IMO.

With 4 competitions next year that's a worry for me. We looked knackered this year by April and we essentially only played in one competition (given our dreadful cup runs). If RonKo wants to play a high energy pressing game, which seems to be the consensus on here, and have a decent crack at Europe we will need more than 18 players IMO.

Currently yes, but I still do wonder what his style of play even is. Maybe when he swaps some players for more of his type (Gana) we can cope with the demands better. Have to remember the squad he inherited was sooo unfit after 3 years of lounging around.

Currently yes, but I still do wonder what his style of play even is. Maybe when he swaps some players for more of his type (Gana) we can cope with the demands better. Have to remember the squad he inherited was sooo unfit after 3 years of lounging around.
It was but Gana wasn't one of Bobby's chill squad and he was absolutely spent by easter (ACON had a lot to do with that, though).

...he certainly had a difficult patch for them this season.

The Echo are quoting reports from Italy suggesting Lazio winger and former Barcelona youth product, Keira Balde Diao could be Everton's first player in. I don't think many will be disappointed if that is accurate.

Just going from stats, he really kicked on this season in terms of end product, 16 goals in 31 games with half those from left wing and another 7-8 played dropped off as a secondary striker, on the obligatory youtube watch he looks half decent like

He wasn't but he was also asked to do the running of about 4 players. If we have an XI that put that much effort in we'll improve. Just look at Spurs. Eriksen has ran the most in that team.
Well, we'll find out I guess because I'm not convinced we'll sign more than 5 players this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back