Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect 4-5 first team level players and maybe 3 youth teamers.

If they're better than what we have I'll be a happy man come September.
Most of our outgoing players are pretty dirge but I do worry about forwards. By all accounts we'll need at least two, maybe three, but we'll either have to spend big (not very Ebeptoh) or be very clever to strengthen that area. Elsewhere on the pitch I'm more confident.

Most of our outgoing players are pretty dirge but I do worry about forwards. By all accounts we'll need at least two, maybe three, but we'll either have to spend big (not very Ebeptoh) or be very clever to strengthen that area. Elsewhere on the pitch I'm more confident.
i agree, 3 new forwards at least to cover the goals we lose from Rom. I'd also like to see more options upfront that'll let us change things up if we're struggling to score or need to get back into a game... As great as Rom is we never had a plan B for when he wasn't working.

I think you might be getting a little too maudlin comrade Kithnou
Recall the adage lent us by Robert Louis Stevenson : 't'is better to travel hopefully than to arrive"

Never let hope abandon you; angstful despair begets vexatious journey companion.

Julian of Norwich (1342-c1416) reminds us to "live gladly" and that “All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.”

You are in my thoughts my friend...

Btw, what are your thoughts on us replacing Rom with Burnley's Andre Grey?
I think you may have just pushed him over the edge.

Got to feel sorry for people who aspire attention and recognition by spouting [Poor language removed].... They should put more effort in enrolling on the jez Kyle show...

Especially when they are a previously (twice) permanently banned poster. A shame really.

...he certainly had a difficult patch for them this season.

The Echo are quoting reports from Italy suggesting Lazio winger and former Barcelona youth product, Keira Balde Diao could be Everton's first player in. I don't think many will be disappointed if that is accurate.

Would be great if true eggs but i dont believe anything the echo say to be honest.

Very few players we have been linked with i would actually like at the club.

Keita, Llorente, Sandro, Dendonker are probably the 4 we have been linked with i would really want (i know sandro ain't happening, or the others come to mention it)

which part mate?

It's just a laughable post from start to finish. You say we can't get top 4 before the window is even open, before you know who we're going to buy, before you know who our competitors are going to buy.

No light at the end of the tunnel?! There are football clubs going into administration, have to sell all their club assets etc. I'm sure swansea saw no light at the end of the tunnel when they were bought for a pound, but 15 years later they're a prem regular and have won a major trophy.

Funny thing is the Koppites and their pet Journalists have all bought into this myth that all they need is a couple of better defensive players to sort out all their problems, not realising that it's not so much the personnel as the system which leaves them vulnerable when teams sit deep against them and negate their high press with ball into the channels.

For all the talk about their woes at the back, they had the 5th best defensive record in the league this season, better than us, Arsenal and all lower than us.

VVD is a very good player, but he is capable himself of switching off badly at times and having brainfart moments as well

Look at Klopps Dortmund teams, they had some absolutely great centre backs during his time their, Hummels and Subotic (in his prime) - yet on average they conceded a similar amount of goals to what his rs side is doing, it's the system not the players thats the problem

Much like with the 'unlucky' with injuries by-line, people don't want to criticise the man or the methods and prefer to look for an outside influence which can fix those problems.

'Heavy metal football' comes with a price, being open at the back and with players susceptible to breaking down frequently

I thought when they decided to go defensive (us at GP, Watford away, West Brom away, city at home plus a few others) they looked very good, these results tended to coincide with a Can, Lucas midfield. It took parts away from there attacking ability but they grinded these results out and to be honest in most of them, never looked like conceding. (i also think that apart fro mthe odd brain fart, Lovren is a very underrated defender).
Liverpools problems were at set pieces, not enough height and to many players ready to think about the counter attack before defending that set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back