Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now's the time for Steve Walsh to show what a 'super scout' he is

We were all buzzing off him joining the club, and so far his presence has been underwhelming at best

If we're being priced out of signing decent Prem footballers (Gylfi, VVD) - I'd rather see us reinvest the Lukaku money in scouted potential rather than cast off dross (Smalling, Romero, Martina etc)

Where's the evidence we've been 'priced out' of a move for Gylfi?

Also, Walsh isn't a scout for us. For the last time.

He's DoF.

Transfers are a large part of his remit but his job in regards to that is to coordinate his team of scouts and set the 'style' for the players they look to bring in - based partly on the 'ethos' of the club long-term and also largely down to what the manager at the time is looking for.

people have latched onto the easy link to Batshuayi mate that's why.

actually not that bothered about Lukaku leaving, think sometimes to move forward you need to change something massive at the club and we are VERY locked into everything through Rom mode

I'm confident that should we spend money (and I'm not talking 100m net spend here, btw - as Rom leaving will be bringing in a huge sum, but obviously a very decent amount), that we'll have a more rounded team heading into next season.

Where's the evidence we've been 'priced out' of a move for Gylfi?

Also, Walsh isn't a scout for us. For the last time.

He's DoF.

Transfers are a large part of his remit but his job in regards to that is to coordinate his team of scouts and set the 'style' for the players they look to bring in - based partly on the 'ethos' of the club long-term and also largely down to what the manager at the time is looking for.

No proof that we've been priced out, just like there's no proof about one single rumour contained within this thousands of pages - just the general uneasy feeling that comes with being linked with a series of average players, knowing how Everton historically have generally dealt with transfer dealings as well as the pathetic low ball bid we put in for Pickford

Did we not hire Walsh to identify talent? Otherwise he's a fifth wheel

Under LVG he was, prior to that and after that he has been absolutely rubbish mate, basically LVG found one player who smalling could play well alongside when shielded by a very defensive set up.

SWERVE

...I remember him playing for Fulham against us quite a few years ago and he was outstanding. Lots of water has gone under the bridge since then but my main concern is his injury record. Once these lads start to suffer like he does, they tend to be plagued throughout their career.

I'm confident that should we spend money (and I'm not talking 100m net spend here, btw - as Rom leaving will be bringing in a huge sum, but obviously a very decent amount), that we'll have a more rounded team heading into next season.

Joking aside it would be hard not to have a more rounded team mate, Koeman took over a fantastically unbalanced and disjointed team last summer, least he sorted out to a great degree the central midfield, big test is if he can sort out the back and up front now to a similar standard.

rather go into a game thinking 3-4 players can make a difference than wondering if Rom will show up today and knowing we lose if he doesnt

No proof that we've been priced out, just like there's no proof about one single rumour contained within this thousands of pages - just the general uneasy feeling that comes with being linked with a series of average players, knowing how Everton historically have generally dealt with transfer dealings as well as the pathetic low ball bid we put in for Pickford

Did we not hire Walsh to identify talent? Otherwise he's a fifth wheel

You do know that bid for Pickford was rubbished don't you?

As in, it isn't true. And the Echo are clueless...

And yes, he's brought in to identify talent, but that isn't his only remit and he works with a team of scouts and the manager to do that.

...I remember him playing for Fulham against us quite a few years ago and he was outstanding. Lots of water has gone under the bridge since then but my main concern is his injury record. Once these lads start to suffer like he does, they tend to be plagued throughout their career.

Also some VERY average players have been made to look good under Ferguson and to a lesser extent defensively LVG, both very good organising managers

Strange but rather take a player who looks good defensively under a poor coach than one who looks amazing under a renowned defensive coach if that makes sense

Joking aside it would be hard not to have a more rounded team mate, Koeman took over a fantastically unbalanced and disjointed team last summer, least he sorted out to a great degree the central midfield, big test is if he can sort out the back and up front now to a similar standard.

rather go into a game thinking 3-4 players can make a difference than wondering if Rom will show up today and knowing we lose if he doesnt

Nail on the head

Sergio Romero impressed me this season. He is probably the best second keeper out there. I would be happy to start our next season with him as our new number one.

I also like Robertson and still hope we sign Gylfi.

United have already said he's staying and Romero has already said he wants to stay.

Good shouts on Robertson and Gylfi. Sure we've got plenty of targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back