Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, alternatively, we realise last summer we hecked up badly and that this summer isn't last summer.

I mean, if you want, you can look at the summer we had 7 years ago when we made no signings and then got Magaye Gueye as our first transfer in about a millennia but it doesn't mean much does it?

Maybe the lack of talk spans from everyone who knew something last year getting so much stick (Esk) that this year they are staying quiet.

Even Jim White got it wrong last year as deals fell through, not their fault by any means. i would expect cards to be played closer to chest.

Maybe the lack of talk spans from everyone who knew something last year getting so much stick (Esk) that this year they are staying quiet.

Even Jim White got it wrong last year as deals fell through, not their fault by any means. i would expect cards to be played closer to chest.
Good.

Plus it's june for christ's sake. At least wait until July until we start wetting the beds?

Current odds with the bookies that make us 1st/2nd fav to land the player:

Rooney 7/4
Ramsey 14/1
Gray 2/1
Carroll 22/1
Smalling 8/1
Blind 3/1
D Gray 14/1
Forster 2/1
Sigurdsson 4/7
Butland 10/1
Vardy 10/1
Hart 6/4
Pickford 7/4
J.King 5/1
Iheanacho 5/1
L.Perez 6/1
Shaw 14/1
S.Ramirez 11/8
Keane 9/2

Was surprised we are fav to land blind.

Inspiring list that - 4 United cast offs, some things never change

Hope our scouting network has enough about them to actually look to other leagues for talent

I have heard a number of journalists refer to the 'pyramid' within football when referring to transfers. With the likes of Barcelona & Real Madrid sitting at the top, closely followed by teams such as Man Utd/Bayern/Juventus/Man City/Chelsea. The next tier is the likes of Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/PSG. After that it is probably a larger group containing mid table Prem League teams and CL teams from other countries and then so on down.

The reality is for us is that we want players who will be interested in the top 3 tiers of clubs described and none will consider us as an option until it becomes clear they will not get a move to one of the clubs mentioned. Only then do we stand a strong chance due to finances of getting a deal over the line. This also means that any early transfer market activity will be for players who already know that they are not good enough for the top 3 tiers. This doesn't make me happy but it is the way of football these days.

I wouldn't be so sure now. If Southampton are reporting them to the PL for tapping up then (if I were Southampton), I wouldn't sell to them - not without absolutely rimming them over the selling price anyway.

Nothing will happen. It'll just be the owner getting fed up of them lot buying players off them every season, he wants to wind them up

They will get Van Dijk. And they have swapped Salah to Martins?. Thats about it.

Not quite but the rs buy the same routine every season from their owners, he'll they still believe Sanchez joined arsenal purely down to being London based rather than they are massively more successful recently.

No proof that we've been priced out, just like there's no proof about one single rumour contained within this thousands of pages - just the general uneasy feeling that comes with being linked with a series of average players, knowing how Everton historically have generally dealt with transfer dealings as well as the pathetic low ball bid we put in for Pickford

Did we not hire Walsh to identify talent? Otherwise he's a fifth wheel

Identifying talent is one thing. Securing it against everyone else is the thing we can't seem to get our head around. No one seems to really find us an attractive prospect, especially the foreign players when there are more high profile clubs sniffing around them.

But essentially they've done nothing.

But redmentv have announced loads of deals as being done!!!!

Or is that just to get clicks and paid subs...

The only exceptional transfer they made last season was Mane, and he wasn't even the one Klopp wanted, he wanted Goetze - who is utterly finished 6 months after they wanted him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back