Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Moshiri got access to uncompromising photos of you lads?

He has proved nothing since he bought us yet you'd think we have the Man City owners the way some of you behave.

Baffling stuff.

What more does he need to do to prove he's invested, as it stands?

He's cleared the debt, pumped money into developing Goodison and Finch Farm and also pumped money into the plans for the new ground and securing the area at BMD. Not to mention our improved commercial deals across the board and the imminent move of our offices to the Liver Building. Then there's, y'know, getting rid of Martinez and bringing in a highly-sought after manager who has improved us as well as setting in place a DoF to ensure the club is modelled sustainably going forward.

Transfer wise (which is ALL you are basing your opinions on, clearly, even though there's much much more to football than that) we're also £20m up in terms of net spend as it stands.

But okay.

Baffling stuff.

What is it with players who get binned off by Chelsea, still having a massive lob on for the club?

http://www.90min.com/posts/5106194-...ea-forward?utm_medium=share&utm_source=fotmob

Bertrand Traore - "[Chelsea] is my club,” he said - via the Guardian. “I always dream to play for this club. I enjoyed my games last year and this is my first choice. I want to get some time at Chelsea but I don’t decide it.”

Loads of money, London lifestyle, guaranteed major trophies. No one else can give them that. That's why they'd all rather be on perma loan than actually play first team for a good club. Sadly Victor Moses has probably just confirmed in all their minds that it's worth waiting any stretch of time for Chelsea to recall you.

Has Moshiri got access to uncompromising photos of you lads?

He has proved nothing since he bought us yet you'd think we have the Man City owners the way some of you behave.

Baffling stuff.

Proved nothing haha? lay off it

Pushed through plans for a new stadium, new sponsorship deals, Got Rid of Martinez, hired a class manager in replacement. How much do you want him to do within a year?

Pretty small minded to think he hasn't done anything tbh.

Who's this balde diao guy from lazio, we're linked with.
Linked will,be about it.. Can't see it happing there will,be better teams than us in for him.. Get ready for some average lower league players when we get the Lukaku money.. Are new billionaire owner won't be putting any of his cash in to fund the squad.. Same old Everton nothing will be the same my a--e .

Loads of money, London lifestyle, guaranteed major trophies. No one else can give them that. That's why they'd all rather be on perma loan than actually play first team for a good club. Sadly Victor Moses has probably just confirmed in all their minds that it's worth waiting any stretch of time for Chelsea to recall you.

Forgot about him. He was buzzing they gave him a new bumper deal while being turfed out to West Ham

Now's the time for Steve Walsh to show what a 'super scout' he is

We were all buzzing off him joining the club, and so far his presence has been underwhelming at best

If we're being priced out of signing decent Prem footballers (Gylfi, VVD) - I'd rather see us reinvest the Lukaku money in scouted potential rather than cast off dross (Smalling, Romero, Martina etc)
I think there is a complete misunderstanding of what Walsh is about. Yes he has a good eye for rough diamonds, but for every Mahrez and Kante, he signed a Simpson and a Albrighton.

Unpopular they might have been before they actually played a game, they are crucial in our unit. It's about blending the right team together.

You don't get someone like Walsh if you're just going to go and and spend loads of money on players who've already made their name. It seems clear to me (as a Leicester fan), that you're not going to try and compete with teams by spending fortunes. But through sensible squad building.

I have heard a number of journalists refer to the 'pyramid' within football when referring to transfers. With the likes of Barcelona & Real Madrid sitting at the top, closely followed by teams such as Man Utd/Bayern/Juventus/Man City/Chelsea. The next tier is the likes of Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/PSG. After that it is probably a larger group containing mid table Prem League teams and CL teams from other countries and then so on down.

The reality is for us is that we want players who will be interested in the top 3 tiers of clubs described and none will consider us as an option until it becomes clear they will not get a move to one of the clubs mentioned. Only then do we stand a strong chance due to finances of getting a deal over the line. This also means that any early transfer market activity will be for players who already know that they are not good enough for the top 3 tiers. This doesn't make me happy but it is the way of football these days.

Too true.

That's why people need some patience over the transfers, at least this early in the window.

A good example is Sandro. I bet the minute he'd agreed to the terms we offered him his agent would have been calling round clubs he thought might be interested in him, from the tiers above us, to see if they can get an offer from a better club for his player.

We're going to get played a lot by agents, it's not always going to be down to bad negotiating or not being able to tie up deals.

Linked will,be about it.. Can't see it happing there will,be better teams than us in for him.. Get ready for some average lower league players when we get the Lukaku money.. Are new billionaire owner won't be putting any of his cash in to fund the squad.. Same old Everton nothing will be the same my a--e .
Wasn't that long ago we were known as the millionares club, how times change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back