Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the lack of talk spans from everyone who knew something last year getting so much stick (Esk) that this year they are staying quiet.

Even Jim White got it wrong last year as deals fell through, not their fault by any means. i would expect cards to be played closer to chest.

Yes esk is playing his cards close to his chest, must be why two days ago he tweeted he was sure Lukaku would be staying anothr season, less than 24 hours before Lukaku stated he cant see himself here another season.

Yes esk is playing his cards close to his chest, must be why two days ago he tweeted he was sure Lukaku would be staying anothr season, less than 24 hours before Lukaku stated he cant see himself here another season.

Again he is just giving information i expect he is given, before Lukaku's statement that well could of been the belief of many people, as stated by even Koeman.

It is your choice to believe it or not, no need to make this a witch hunt and then have people upset when we hear nothing.

But redmentv have announced loads of deals as being done!!!!

Or is that just to get clicks and paid subs...

The only exceptional transfer they made last season was Mane, and he wasn't even the one Klopp wanted, he wanted Goetze - who is utterly finished 6 months after they wanted him...

They've done precisely what we've been doing only with a higher caliber player.

Current odds with the bookies that make us 1st/2nd fav to land the player:

Rooney 7/4
Ramsey 14/1
Gray 2/1
Carroll 22/1
Smalling 8/1
Blind 3/1
D Gray 14/1
Forster 2/1
Sigurdsson 4/7
Butland 10/1
Vardy 10/1
Hart 6/4
Pickford 7/4
J.King 5/1
Iheanacho 5/1
L.Perez 6/1
Shaw 14/1
S.Ramirez 11/8
Keane 9/2

Was surprised we are fav to land blind.

Is that Carroll of the Andrew variety there? Just complete and utter LOL at that if it is.

He's been saying that Lukaku is staying when the entire world knew he was going.

Has Moshiri got access to uncompromising photos of you lads?

He has proved nothing since he bought us yet you'd think we have the Man City owners the way some of you behave.

Baffling stuff.
And you'd think we're in administration the way you behave.

"Transfer window not even open, WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH NO TRANSFERS WAH WAH WAH" is basically the mindset apparently.

I still check Esks tweets and articles periodically, just to get as broad a sweep as possible for information and views.

If you were using his tweets as some sort of barometer, then to me at least he has been notably less bullish and exuberant since the end of last summer, with justifiable good cause seeing how that turned out. He still uses words like "confident" to describe our transfer prospects but reading between the lines he seems to be ready to attribute blame to Kenwright and Elstone should things go awry again.

This sort of no man's land we are in at present is just something to be endured - I would like to read and hear something from the club that they are confident about the summer but then they just create a rod for their own backs in saying anything.

Ultimately actions speak louder than words here. We need to see things getting started shortly and some momentum and positivity being created ahead of pre-season training. Things really need to start taking off by the first week of July at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back