Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a complete misunderstanding of what Walsh is about. Yes he has a good eye for rough diamonds, but for every Mahrez and Kante, he signed a Simpson and a Albrighton.

Unpopular they might have been before they actually played a game, they are crucial in our unit. It's about blending the right team together.

You don't get someone like Walsh if you're just going to go and and spend loads of money on players who've already made their name. It seems clear to me (as a Leicester fan), that you're not going to try and compete with teams by spending fortunes. But through sensible squad building.

Congrats, a sensible and balanced post, amongst a sea of bed wetting.

Carrol is hardly ever fit. As a last minute loan, Velencia was a decent signing for a substitute. He changed the game for the better on a few occasions. Even when city got their billions, it took them a few years to start to attract the real stars. We need to get into the Champions League, to get the big names. All EPL clubs have money now. At least we're not in debt any more. We are selling the likes of ROM because he wants to go and maybe to stay within the awful unfair ffair play rules.

Carrol is hardly ever fit. As a last minute loan, Velencia was a decent signing for a substitute. He changed the game for the better on a few occasions. Even when city got their billions, it took them a few years to start to attract the real stars. We need to get into the Champions League, to get the big names. All EPL clubs have money now. At least we're not in debt any more. We are selling the likes of ROM because he wants to go and maybe to stay within the awful unfair ffair play rules.

Didn't the Arabs sign Robinho before their takeover of City was even completed? Not exactly waiting a few years...

Too true.

That's why people need some patience over the transfers, at least this early in the window.

A good example is Sandro. I bet the minute he'd agreed to the terms we offered him his agent would have been calling round clubs he thought might be interested in him, from the tiers above us, to see if they can get an offer from a better club for his player.

We're going to get played a lot by agents, it's not always going to be down to bad negotiating or not being able to tie up deals.
There are very few teams in the top teams and an awful lot of players.
Now and then an exceptional young player appears and is snapped up by the super wealthy clubs, but generally the supply of players is a bit like a conveyor belt with players starting at lower league clubs before moving onto wealthier clubs and very rarely being snapped up for huge transfer fees.

Spurs are the obvious example at present of how to manage the system. They buy and develop good young players and even if they lose a player for huge money now and then it leaves them with even more money to replace them from a huge pool of good young players.

That is what Lukaku and maybe Barkley will do for us...how well it is spent is down to Walsh and Koeman.

At present, I think we can agree that Rooney, Keane and Sandro are players that are considered at least because the manager has spoken about them or seen talking to agents.

The rest, I think, is idle guesswork.

He was rubbish for them through. Also there was a rumour he thought he was signing for United. I don't think they got a penny back a when her left? They spent we'll over the odds, on lot of players, who didn't do anything, like Lescott. All I'm saying is the big time didn't come over night also as I said due to things like the fair play rules and the fact nearly all the EPL clubs have money now. It's more difficult just to buy your way to the top.

He was rubbish for them through. Also there was a rumour he thought he was signing for United. I don't think they got a penny back a when her left? They spent we'll over the odds, on lot of players, who didn't do anything, like Lescott. All I'm saying is the big time didn't come over night also as I said due to things like the fair play rules and the fact nearly all the EPL clubs have money now. It's more difficult just to buy your way to the top.

Lescott was important part of their title winning side.

I was told today we have put all transfers on hold in case Labour wins and Brexit is cancelled.

Just passing on what I was told, by my cat.
Your cat is a WUM

ct-sad-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back