Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a complete misunderstanding of what Walsh is about. Yes he has a good eye for rough diamonds, but for every Mahrez and Kante, he signed a Simpson and a Albrighton.

Unpopular they might have been before they actually played a game, they are crucial in our unit. It's about blending the right team together.

You don't get someone like Walsh if you're just going to go and and spend loads of money on players who've already made their name. It seems clear to me (as a Leicester fan), that you're not going to try and compete with teams by spending fortunes. But through sensible squad building.

I agree with you, and I'm not getting frustrated with us because I want us to spunk wads of cash on superstars - I'm frustrated because if the media are to be believed (and there's rarely smoke without fire) the list of players we are interested on signing this summer could have been drafted by Jim, Dave and Alan over a couple of pints in the local

Both I think mate. Linked again in Jan from what I recall.

We were linked with him pretty close to deadline day if I recall. Porto seemed to keep raising the price. I'd have him, but the article in A Bola today doesn't reveal any fresh link. It simply says Porto needs to sell him and that the Everton bid failed last summer. Who even knows if we're still interested?

You make a good point re. The guys coming back, but 4 new players isn't fixing this. Unless we're buying directly from the Real or Barca starting 11.
Depends on the players and what you mean by fixing. I'm not one that expects this summer to get us to top 4. I expect it to improve the squad to the point that we're legitimately challenging for top 6. 4 new players (1 of whom is our new striker) could make that possible. I wasn't thinking keeper in the original post, so let's make it 5. I think that's realistic. 5 new players out of first 11 with 2 replacing sales. Not sure how we could ask for much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back