Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel we have missed our chance when it comes to Michael Keane

Murmours of liverpool and chelsea interest are abit worrying, everybody will have an eye on what a good defender he is now. Plus with chelsea losing Terry and LFC still needing a centre back i can see them 2 at least showing an interest

He's a boyhood United fan who came up through their academy, given a choice i don't see him moving to the rs if he has options mate

He's a boyhood United fan who came up through their academy, given a choice i don't see him moving to the rs if he has options mate
Aren't all the players on the United and RS rosters life long fans, that came through their academies and/or grew up sleeping under ManUre/RS posters whilst wrapped up in their officially licensed duvets?

They would gladly play for free every week. All the other teams in the league merely buy mercenaries.

Yeah he ain't going to them. And at this stage in his career I (perhaps naively) see us as a more attractive prospect than Chelsea. At Chelsea there's Luiz, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen as competition. Here he'll be a guaranteed starter at an exciting project - he's already shown the maturity to work his way to the top, hopefully he carries on in that vein.

Aren't all the players on the United and RS rosters life long fans, that came through their academies and/or grew up sleeping under ManUre/RS posters whilst wrapped up in their officially licensed duvets?

They would gladly play for free every week. All the other teams in the league merely buy mercenaries.

He and his twin brother, Will, were born in the year that Ferguson won the first of his 13 Premier League titles. The two boys grew up dreaming of playing at Old Trafford and their father had a season ticket on the old Scoreboard End for more than 40 years. “Dad used to go every game and whenever he had a spare ticket me and Will used to fight over who would go with him. It was always United.”

All of which probably explains why, at the age of 21, Keane had mixed emotions when Burnley made their first attempt to lure him away from Old Trafford. “The first call I got was that Burnley wanted to take me on a permanent deal,” Keane recalls. “I didn’t really want to go permanently at first and pushed for it just to be a loan to begin with.

Difference is mate, this is from an Interview after he left permanently to join Burnley, at that point no reason for him to big up his United 'fandom'

I appreciate that, thank you. I wasn't trying to disagree with you. Sorry, if I wasn't clear. It was more a statement of the general attitude surrounding those clubs.

Yeah he ain't going to them. And at this stage in his career I (perhaps naively) see us as a more attractive prospect than Chelsea. At Chelsea there's Luiz, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen as competition. Here he'll be a guaranteed starter at an exciting project - he's already shown the maturity to work his way to the top, hopefully he carries on in that vein.

Only thing which will stop us getting him, would be a team like Chelsea/City etc 'needing' to bolster their home-grown players roster and paying a fee and wages 'wayyyy' over his worth.

Leaving United for regular footy and it working out for him shows he has his head screwed on, most would have just sat around till 24-25 hoping to get the chance or just happy with being a United back up player

Apparently Madrid are looking to offload Isco for a cut price, I'm sure he would have a number of Champions League suitors but these are the type of players we should be going for. Sell him on the ambition of the club, keep Lukaku and Barkley and throw as much money as we can at him

Keane and VVD would be such a dream. Fun stat, they are two of the top three centre backs in the league this season for aerial duels won per game. When was the last time we had dominance in the air like that?

Be happy with just one but both would be extra special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back