Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are being ambitious but also trying to get players who are attainable I would like to see the following:
VVD - just have a feeling that he is going to sign, despite the fact everyone will be in for him.
Keane
One of Creswell/Robertson/Sessegnon
Tielemens
Rooney

Squad then padded out by youngsters coming up and a few gems bought like this lad from Forest we are after and George Hirst. I still think we will be in for Pickford as well but with the form of Joel I reckon that he could be left at S'land for the year to keep getting game time.

All good shouts, would prefer someone other than Crewsell though - 28 this year, so would rather a much younger long term replacement for Baines (and frankly a better one than Creswells level)

You might have saved the club 20 million quid the mate! Have you seen a lot of all 3?

My girlfriend lives in Burnley so been to a few home games and always liked Keane, Gibson I see just on TV and stuff but I tend to keep an eye on the more defensively sound defenders of the world.

Dunk I think could definitely cut it up here and looks very strong with Duffy for Brighton.

Yes to all those in bold Zat

the others - Kessie - will end up with 4-5 CL clubs fighting it out over him this summer
Dembele - BIG risk for someone who has had one good season in Scotland - we need proven players - not gambling on a young player whose stock is overinflated - he'll end up at City or Chelsea
Sessegnon - no idea on the lad whatsoever - or which one of the two you even mean we should go for
Pickford - BIG gamble getting a keeper who looks good for a utterly terrible team - their normally getting pelted all game so look better than they actually are - number of keepers have done that - got a big move then looked distinctly dodgy in a better team where every little mistake is scrutinised rather than being offset with the other 10 saves they made in the game

Also love to see us get Siggurdson in on top of the ones listed

All depends on who we are in competition with for those players, what we have to spend and who we let go to bolster that amount really though

'Realistic' ones are Tielmans - crap league and not broken through Internationally or proven enough to walk in as a starter at a Chelsea/City etc yet
Keane - Seems we are in for him - maybe the teams above are setting their sights on more 'high profile' signings - lets hope so
Dolberg - see what i said about Tielmans - a lot of Hype but won't walk into any CL team as a starter yet
Van Dijk - would love us to get him - and really hope we do, but honestly - think he will be one of those high profile signings that City/Chelsea are fighting it out over - Koeman is the only real big advantage we have going for us really in getting him - plus the injury may have made others cool on him a little bit

Either way we need 2 top cb's, someone to support rom (if he stays) and likely cover or long term replacement at left back and 1-2 who can play atttacking mid/wide and chip in with a decent number of goals[/QU
Pretty much said the same but not in quite so many words.

VVD will depend on a few things mate, if we go into the summer and immediately look like we are setting out to make a massive statement of intent (not by signing some name but by doing a big number of high quality deals early) then the Koeman connection could swing him over.

also depends on if other teams have him as their priority target or as a fall back option should they not get the one they want - maybe that would put us ahead of them

and how we finish the season - limping home in 7th or finishing really strongly and pushing the 4th spot all the way (or even getting it)

United seem to be getting linked with several quality cb's ahead of him, City similarly, as are Chelsea, the rs won't pay what they want - despite the media trying to big up that transfer, Arsenal are in an utter mess and Spurs don't need him, there is every chance we could get him if we go in early and with an amount that Saints would want.

VVD isn't at the calibre of team we would struggle to get him away from (say like a CL regular like Napoli) and his stock isn't that high Internationally that we'd end up trying to compete with someone way above us in attracting players from abroad either.

I hope so mate. As marquee signings go he is very good. A great age with his best years ahead of him, in a crucial position we need quality in. Plus the manager knows him well. I don't think it's an understatement to say, this season he's been the best centre half in the league. Our defensive record under Koeman has been very good, I wonder how much better it would be if we had had VVD playing in their all season?

I can't see it though. A lot of the whispers about him have died down and a lad I know has ruled it out to me (Who had previously said we'd been interested). I think every top club will have a look at him this summer and I'm not sure we are enough of a pull. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

That being said, the lad over at Athletico Gimenez with only 12 months left, I wonder if we will put a bid in for him of circa 20 million quid? Also if this may prove more financially prudent? I can see a bit of business being done this way, looking to exploit lads coming to the end of contracts. I would be surprised if Ghezzal makes another appearance on our radar as well.

I hope so mate. As marquee signings go he is very good. A great age with his best years ahead of him, in a crucial position we need quality in. Plus the manager knows him well. I don't think it's an understatement to say, this season he's been the best centre half in the league. Our defensive record under Koeman has been very good, I wonder how much better it would be if we had had VVD playing in their all season?

I can't see it though. A lot of the whispers about him have died down and a lad I know has ruled it out to me (Who had previously said we'd been interested). I think every top club will have a look at him this summer and I'm not sure we are enough of a pull. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

That being said, the lad over at Athletico Gimenez with only 12 months left, I wonder if we will put a bid in for him of circa 20 million quid? Also if this may prove more financially prudent? I can see a bit of business being done this way, looking to exploit lads coming to the end of contracts. I would be surprised if Ghezzal makes another appearance on our radar as well.

Apparently already agreed to go to Monaco.

Rumours are that Ghezzal is joining Monaco on a free this summer mate - been all over the French media the past week

Who we need:
1. GK who is at least good enough to battle with Joel for the position in our goal
2. CB who is good in the air, has good pace and strenght, does not have to be a leader
3. CB who could be a long-term replacement for Williams, the leader of our defence
4. LB who would be at least a good backup for Baines, preferably his long-term replacement
5. CM who brings us creativity, goals and moves well, preferably young
6. AM who is creative, top quality, can do set-pieces, can play from wing, so we can play 4-3-3 with that player and Barkley on wings
7. ST who can play together with Romelu, is creative, good all-around play, can score goals, that Naismith/Belfodil type
8. ST who would be a good backup for Romelu, a poacher, who can do the job from the bench

Who could be our targets for these needs:
1. Horn, Perin, Pickford, Schmeichel, Forster, Butland
2. Keane, Gibson, Kongolo
3. VVD, de Vrij, Manolas, Gimenez?
4. Robertson, Tierney, Taylor, Sessegnon
5. Tielemans, Praet, Ward-Prowse?
6. Sigurdsson, Bernardo Silva?, James Rodriguez?, Isco?, Klaassen, Mertens?, Brahimi?
7. Rooney, Keita Balde?
8. Bakambu, Schick, Simeone, Batshuayi, Modeste, Dolberg, Iheanacho, Gray, Wilson

I like Horn and Keane and both seems to be realistic targets. De Vrij possibly could be realistic to sign thankfully to Koeman factor, VVD likely goes to a better team, I would take VVD over De Vrij though. Robertson would be ideal for us IMO, I could live with Charlie Taylor too. Tielemans is a dream, but I like Praet or JWP as well. Gylfi Sigurdsson seems like an obvious target, probably is the best from realistic options for us. Rooney for free is ideal for me. And then we need a poacher. I like Schick, seems to be a nice young talent.

Joel/Horn/Stek - Coleman/Holgate, de Vrij/Williams, Keane/Jagielka/Pennington, Baines/Taylor - Schneiderlin/Barry/Besic, Gueye/Tielemans - Barkley/Bolasie, Davies/Rooney, Sigurdsson/Mirallas/Lookman - Lukaku/Schick/DCL

I like Horn and Keane and both seems to be realistic targets. De Vrij possibly could be realistic to sign thankfully to Koeman factor, VVD likely goes to a better team, I would take VVD over De Vrij though. Robertson would be ideal for us IMO, I could live with Charlie Taylor too. Tielemans is a dream, but I like Praet or JWP as well. Gylfi Sigurdsson seems like an obvious target, probably is the best from realistic options for us. Rooney for free is ideal for me. And then we need a poacher. I like Schick, seems to be a nice young talent.

Joel/Horn/Stek - Coleman/Holgate, de Vrij/Williams, Keane/Jagielka/Pennington, Baines/Taylor - Schneiderlin/Barry/Besic, Gueye/Tielemans - Barkley/Bolasie, Davies/Rooney, Sigurdsson/Mirallas/Lookman - Lukaku/Schick/DCL

I couldn't. I've heard he leaves the toilet seat up and never does the dishes.

Aren't all the players on the United and RS rosters life long fans, that came through their academies and/or grew up sleeping under ManUre/RS posters whilst wrapped up in their officially licensed duvets?

They would gladly play for free every week. All the other teams in the league merely buy mercenaries.
Remember Robbie Keane a lifelong pool fan, a lot of good that did him or them.

If Rom is sold for a kings Ransom I would expect 3-4 BIG signings rather than the 6-7 ones that Spurs and Liverpool went for.

£75/80 million for Lukaku and we should go all out for:

Van Dijk £45 million
Keane £20 million
Mahrez £30 million
Batshuyai £20 million

Then add the likes of Rooney & Valencia to bolster the forward options and another LB and GK with the money from selling Cleverly, Niasse, Deulofeu and we'll have massively improved the squad for the EL.

Kylian-Mbappe-Arsenal-Manchester-United-782023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back