Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it as little as that, I thought it was more. But regardless of his age, even when Lukaku hits his prime, he won't be as good as Suarez, don't care what anyone says, now he has the lot, the ability, gets goals, he works hard, makes his own goals, not always selfish.

Now a world class striker went for £65m there so to me Lukaku isn't worth that then, regardless of inflated prices these days, has he's not in the same class level. But that's just how I see and judge things before anyone comes back having a pop. It's matter of opinions....

Obviously Suarez is better and in regards to Lacazette id probably class them in the same sort of current ability/value however Lukaku has age on his side. No reason we shouldn't name a high price but would happily take 70-80mil.

Do you reckon we are waiting on signing new players before getting rid of the deadwood?
Potential outs is frightening in terms of numbers:
  • McGeady - Preston, M'boro or championship club - £2m
  • Niasse - low-level Prem club or big-spending Championship or Turkish club - £8-10m
  • Jagielka - will want 1st team football. Hope he stays though. £1m
  • Funes Mori - just not good enough. Need to sell while stock is high - £15m
  • McCarthy - will want to leave, too good to be 5th/6th choice - £20m
  • Robles - will he want 1st team football? In last 12 months of his deal? £3-5m
  • Deulofeu - gone or going. Hope he stays though. £10.5m
  • Barkley - no idea what is happening here. Think he will go if we are offered £45m
  • Kone - gone, thank the lord. Released
  • Lukaku - think he might end up staying. Could be disruptive. Will go if we get £80m+ offer though I think
  • Cleverley - gone, thank the lord - £8m
  • Barry - will he want 1st team football? Could go for £1m fee.
  • Valencia - gone
  • Steklenberg - will he want 1st team football. Could go or be released.
  • Besic - some have said he should be sold. I disagree.
  • Tarashaj - surely this kid isnt up to the task? Another loan potentially?
  • Garbutt and Galloway - hope they both stay and fight it out for the backup LB spot.

All of this and we need a BIGGER squad..... :pint2:

The ones I highlighted in red played little if any part last year so really weren't part of any squad and don't need replacing necessarily. I think Mori will stay and while I agree that he's not good enough as a starter, he'd be fine for injury cover and/or against lesser opponents in Europe. One of Robles or Stek will stay, Barry is useful as cover and also for leadership, I think he'll stay. Ross and Rom are obviously big, but other than that, I don't think there's much of an issue. Koeman likes a smaller, tighter squad. We should invest in quality, not in numbers.

You will find they have mate....

Lacazette - 22 goals in 2013/14, 31 goals in 14/15, 23 in 15/16 and 37 in all last season (113 in last 4 seasons, in the time we've had Lukaku).

Aubameyang - 16 goals in 13/14, 25 in 14/15, 39 in 15/16 and 40 across the board last season (120 in last 4 seasons)!

And we are in a strong position. Don't get close to the £100m value or anything acceptable to us, then he stays. But didn't Juve want £100m for Pogba?! And what did he go for, £85-90m? Even if we got that, that would be unbelievable but I just can't see it regardless of what figure we've put on his head.
Meant 3/4 seasons in the Prem btw.

Yeh he is. It was a Twitter/Echo comment so not putting any weight to it. Left-footed right winger/striker. Not sure who even properly owns him though tbh. Buying from Italy is messy.

Saw him getting linked with Roma the other day as Salah's replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back