Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...definitely. I like that 'inverted winger' description, it's the type RK seems to like along with the physicality he has.

Hmm, Koeman likes his wide players to offer more of a goal threat rather than be out and out wingers that beat men and get crosses in. I know Bolasie isn't exactly that but he's got pace and power and he's direct but Koeman likes the FB's to offer the width going forward and wants his winger, wide forwards to get in the box and offer a goal scoring threat.

Berardi would be some signing but he's got bigger suitors than us in Roma and Juve who have had a long standing interest in the player.

apparently Sandro will be announced after the U21 European championships;

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sandro-everton-delay-explained-spain-doesnt-seem-much-worry/

Diario Sur, a respectable newspaper close to Malaga, have an article on Friday explaining the delay. It’s stated that whilst everything is agreed on the transfer, it’s also been agreed not to announce anything until Spain’s U21 Euro campaign has come to an end.

Spain face Serbia on Friday night in their final group game, they’ll then go through to the semi-finals on June 27th, and will hope to make the final on June 30th.

There’s no real reason stopping an announcement, in fact the break between tonight’s game and Tuesday’s semi-final seems perfect for it. Perhaps Everton are continuing to push for an earlier announcement, whatever Diario Sur have been informed.

Everton don’t have a great deal of cause for worry, unless there’s a chance Sandro is holding out as long as possible to see if any other offers arrive.

I'm inclined to believe this. It's obviously being held up for a reason. And the deal isn't off, Dom King who is reliable says it's done and has been for days so it could be something we sort out at the end of next week. After all, Sandro said in an interview prior to the euros that he wanted to wait till after the u-21's euros to decide on his future as he wanted no distractions so it could be just a case of announcing the deal afterwards.

I see, I thought he was more box to box number 8?

Yeah he is more of a No.8 but he can play wide and off of the front man. But he can see a pass and get a goal from midfield and it seems that that's what Koeman is in for this summer. Let's see if this one does materialise first though?!....

Hasn't Sandro mainly been playing as a left winger? And didn't we just sign Lookman for big-ish money in January, who is also a winger?

Plus there were those pics of Osman still floating around FF; I'm sure he'd be glad of a game on the right, which was undoubtedly his best position.

Sandro as mainly played as the main CF for Malaga this season. If we're bringing him in to mainly play wide or off of a main target man then I think we'll be making a big mistake! He's definitely more effective as a main striker or right through the middle in a 2 or 3.

RS linked with VVD and Mbappe whilst we are being linked with Keane and Gray. A little sobering
In fairness RS being linked with Mbappe is likely someone floating a BS rumor to make the fanbase feel good. Everton could say they want to break transfer record in Mbappe bid. No one would take it serious. Just like no one other than a deluded Red is taking the Mbappe link serious.

They are trumpeting Salah as a great signing, ignoring the fact he wasn't their first choice, that was Brandt who they got knocked back by club and player on.

VVD they already failed on their tactic, switched to Koulibaly with an offer 20m less than Napoli already have been offered.
Now the Mbappe links but with the caveat now of only bidding if the player states he will move to England. So they have covered their arses already on why they won't make a bid whilst appearing to be willing to pay 100m which they haven't even got to spend.

Keita as well, they know rb Leipzig won't sell so are briefing the media about a 50m bid and may even make the offer knowing full well it will 've rejected so no danger of them having to spend it.

And the guillable rs around the world are lapping it up and believing their competing with Madrid and City for players.
Exactly 100% this. Deluded! BTW. Salah has bombed out of the league once. Not saying he is going to be a flop. But at least with Schneiderlin there was history with Southhampton he was a good player in the PL. Salah has not even proven that.

This is his highlight reel... doesn't inspire confidence

Highlights reel from last season isn't a great yard stick for him really is it. Inter in general by their standards were poor and a few of their players weren't all that.

He's a good player and at a good age to improve and become better. Would like him at us IF we are even genuinely interested?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back