Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin/Klaassen/Davies/Gueye. That is quite enough to hold that position all season with enough quality. We can draft in from Unsworth's team if need be (assuming Besic isn't fit).

I cant stress enough the chasm that will be left by Lukaku. His departure will take years to recover from. He is an exceptional talent and we'll struggle badly to make that gulf up in terms of class and finishing. Sandro? Hmm. Maybe chip in with 10 or so IMO. Calvert-Lewin is garbage IMO...just not buying that kid at all.

We need a massive statement signing for upfront.
Why are you writing off DCL after his first season in the PL at 20 years old? Sandro I reckon can get closer to 15 goals, he is very talented, plus if we bring in a Striker like Dembele he can also add more goals.

Lukakus departure isn't as big as your making it out to be, we would have finished 7th without his goals.

Do you ever stop fuming?

Schneiderlin/Klaassen/Davies/Gueye. That is quite enough to hold that position all season with enough quality. We can draft in from Unsworth's team if need be (assuming Besic isn't fit).

I cant stress enough the chasm that will be left by Lukaku. His departure will take years to recover from. He is an exceptional talent and we'll struggle badly to make that gulf up in terms of class and finishing. Sandro? Hmm. Maybe chip in with 10 or so IMO. Calvert-Lewin is garbage IMO...just not buying that kid at all.

We need a massive statement signing for upfront.

Only this I agree with.

This is how I think Ronny will set us up :

GK
CB - CB
WB ---- DM ---- WB
CM -- CM
WF -- ST -- WF​

--------------------------------Pickford

-----------------------Williams-----------New CB
Coleman---------------------------------------------------Baines

----------------Schneiderlin------------Gueye
------------------------------Klaassen

Bolasie-------------------------------------------Sandro
-----------------------New Target man

Why are you writing off DCL after his first season in the PL at 20 years old? Sandro I reckon can get closer to 15 goals, he is very talented, plus if we bring in a Striker like Dembele he can also add more goals.

Lukakus departure isn't as big as your making it out to be, we would have finished 7th without his goals.

Do you ever stop fuming?
Mate, I did the same with Naismith and Jelavic. Just not good enough. Right from the off you could see it.

--------------------------------Pickford

-----------------------Williams-----------New CB
Coleman---------------------------------------------------Baines

----------------Schneiderlin------------Gueye
------------------------------Klaassen

Bolasie-------------------------------------------Sandro
-----------------------New Target man

Probably closer to how we will set up in most games, against "lesser" teams we will probably play a more offensive midfield diamond but in most games I agree we will probably go with 2-1 rather than 1-2 in midfield.

Also Bolasie and Sandro need switching.

Probably closer to how we will set up in most games, against "lesser" teams we will probably play a more offensive midfield diamond but in most games I agree we will probably go with 2-1 rather than 1-2 in midfield.

Also Bolasie and Sandro need switching.
To play a diamond effectively you have to have a playmaker. We dont have one. Please dont say the milky bar kid.

Well we'd have two of the four to turn to + Besic and/or an U23 player.

We currently have Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Gana, Davies, Morgan, Barkley, Klaassen for the 3 slots.

Everybody is assuming Besic isnt fit, hes currently fit and able, everybodys assuming Barry is finished, hes not, everybody is assuming McCarthy is gone, I think thats fair, everybody is assuming Barkley is gone, who knows, if Barkley or McCarthy are sold, they will be replaced. Currently, numbers and quality wise we are fine in midfield.

To play a diamond effectively you have to have a playmaker. We dont have one. Please dont say the milky bar kid.

No you dont, thats why I placed them as 1-2, 1 sitter and 2 box to box midfielders, like Klaassen and somebody else, maybe Davies, Gana, drive at teams, employ the press from the front 3, the 2 in midfield press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back