Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. He was just about the only highlight from last season as far as I was concerned.

Koeman needs to handle this lad's inevitable disappointment next season very well...and he needs his money signings to be a huge success if he does allow them to crowd Davies out, or there'll be trouble.

He was tired in May after only half a season. I expect he'll be excited by Europe and staying fresher and learning in this squad. Would expect him to accept the challenge and be surprised if he's disappointed by Klaassen's arrival.

SI6bs.jpg

Agreed. I don't think Barkley fits into a front 3, but Koeman pushed him there last year. This is also why Ross and Sigurdsson are different. Siggy is a forward, not a hold mid or a 10, even if he could play there. Just wish Ross offered more in the tackle.

Sigurdsson plays centre mid for Iceland.

This is the issue for me ^^^. I know we have EL games etc, but the MF is now well overstocked and that can be a hindrance as well as a help - look at Spurs in the past: MFs falling out of cupboards and they had no idea how to juggle them.

Assuming McCarthy and Barkley are out, which seems fair, where is the midfield overstocked?

Schniederlin
Klaassen
Gueye
Davies
---------
Besic
Williams
Barry

I'm not convinced we'll see Basic stay healthy, Barry is too old to be depended upon except in spots, and Williams will be introduced but unless he rises from his baptism like Davies (or unless you think Walsh will be provided and take an opportunity), I can't see the squad having more than 5 capable and dependable midfielders in the selection at any given time.

So maybe adding another is too many, but I don't necessarily see the overcrowding.

Assuming McCarthy and Barkley are out, which seems fair, where is the midfield overstocked?

Schniederlin
Klaassen
Gueye
Davies
---------
Besic
Williams
Barry

I'm not convinced we'll see Basic stay healthy, Barry is too old to be depended upon except in spots, and Williams will be introduced but unless he rises from his baptism like Davies (or unless you think Walsh will be provided and take an opportunity), I can't see the squad having more than 5 capable and dependable midfielders in the selection at any given time.

So maybe adding another is too many, but I don't necessarily see the overcrowding.

We have the first four. We should add one more and then hope a kid comes through so we have 2 players for each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back