Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with Lucas Lima today. Anyone know much about him, outside of the usual "scored 400 goals for me in Football Manager when I took Forest Green to Champions League glory" posts?

He is out of contract in 6 months so I am assuming we could pick up for a small 7-figure sum. Worth a punt?
Lucas Lima is going to Barcelona. Which is weird because he isn't that good, however he is dating Neymar's sister and is a close friend of Neymar, so maybe the board are being pushed to buy him to make Neymar happy.

This is the issue for me ^^^. I know we have EL games etc, but the MF is now well overstocked and that can be a hindrance as well as a help - look at Spurs in the past: MFs falling out of cupboards and they had no idea how to juggle them.

United started last season with Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Pogba plus mikitariyan, Lingaard, Mata, Blind who can all play centre midfield.
They won the league cup & Europa League

United started last season with Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Pogba plus mikitariyan, Lingaard, Mata, Blind who can all play centre midfield.

nar they can't, like saying mirallas can play CM, maybe blind at a push like but even he would be a defensive centre mid,

also scheweinsteiger was never going to get a game he might as well have not been there

Don't be giving me that rubbish about squad depth, all great teams have a first XI and that's it. Look at the money we've wasted on Schneiderlin and Klaassen when we already had Gareth Barry who could do a perfectly fine job in that position.

that means he's a winger? ha

i believe he was brought here as a winger then. I was just making the point that we're apparently looking at playing 3 strikers, yet we have 5 wingers on our books, two of which were brought in by the current manager. I have no qualms with it, because it means we can go into different games with different formations and game plans, was just a bit confused by the prices we paid only for them not to fit in our ideal formation.

He starts on the wing but does his damage when he comes inside.

The reason we're not going for out and out wingers is because 3-5-2 will be our formation going forward, IMO.

He starts on the wing but does his damage when he comes inside.

The reason we're not going for out and out wingers is because 3-5-2 will be our formation going forward, IMO.

Dunno, you need absolutely top class full backs for a 3-5-2 and Baines is getting on and we have no idea what Coleman will be like on his return. I'd be surprised. 4-3-3/3-4-3 more likely imo

Quick comment after reading numerous people saying they wouldn't pay the asking price and only pay x or pay y for this or that player....

Remember, this is not our money and if Everton want to spend and it improves the team / squad let's enjoy having the cash to spend for once...

Happy days are around the corner for us blues so enjoy :) We could be West Ham who purchase an ageing defender on a free...Those days are over :)

Similarly, most people are as unqualified to build a budget and execute transfers as they are at scouting youth and first team players.

So let Steve and Ronnie do their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back