Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
see that abar niang apparently swerving us, be funny if true that getting swerved by the same player twice who isn't even that good anyway. just been on loan at Watford FFS

where was that said? He was just a smokescreen to get the sandro deal moved on. He was at watford last season, he wouldn't have swerved us if we had any interest ha

if we do go down the 4-3-3 rout with inside forwards etc, why on earth did we spend £35m on two genuine left wingers in bolasie and lookman?

And so he should, the kid is only 18. I don't know any teenager who has ever played consistently in midfield in the premier league. Steven Gerrard was only getting a look in at right back at that age.
Good enough = old enough.

Davies seems to be the type who knows he'll have to work hard though Dave and even relish the challenge set down, btw Klassen could help bring his game on another level if he learns from him, Davies isn't blessed with anything outstanding physical attribute, much like Klassen if he can learn how to utilise space etc then it'll add massively to his game.
Klaassen will be learning all the time this first season. He'll have zero authority.

But he may play Davies ahead of Gueye at times also, dependant on form, tiredness or opposition.
The only one in that midfield i would gaurentee a place to is big Morgs
This is the issue for me ^^^. I know we have EL games etc, but the MF is now well overstocked and that can be a hindrance as well as a help - look at Spurs in the past: MFs falling out of cupboards and they had no idea how to juggle them.

This is the issue for me ^^^. I know we have EL games etc, but the MF is now well overstocked and that can be a hindrance as well as a help - look at Spurs in the past: MFs falling out of cupboards and they had no idea how to juggle them.
But will it be overstocked when the season starts ? If you know the answer to that, could you do the lotto for me, ?

Lookman isn't a proper winger, he scored 8 goals in 23 from either wing last season and also played as a striker a few times.

that means he's a winger? ha

i believe he was brought here as a winger then. I was just making the point that we're apparently looking at playing 3 strikers, yet we have 5 wingers on our books, two of which were brought in by the current manager. I have no qualms with it, because it means we can go into different games with different formations and game plans, was just a bit confused by the prices we paid only for them not to fit in our ideal formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back