Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley plays in the forward three, Klassen does not. He plays in the three in midfield

It depends on the formation, at the start of the season, when Bolasie was fit, we played Barkley as Attacking Midfielder, after he got injured we played Barkley sort of left of a front 3, but he tended to stay tucked in. If Bolasie was fit, or if we signed someone like Sandro or Domenico Berardi who can play to the left or right of a target man like Giroud or Duvan Zapata, then I would say Barkleys position is really as part of a midfield 3, the same as Klassen. Ordinarily we play with 2 holding players in the middle and 1 Attacking

I highly doubt this is true. I've read the story and it sounds like his camp saving face after we didn't chase up initial interest.
Because he's a bell.
I think there is the basis of a good thread there Ijjy? Biggest bells in football, choose one who isstill playing and one who is not :)

It depends on the formation, at the start of the season, when Bolasie was fit, we played Barkley as Attacking Midfielder, after he got injured we played Barkley sort of left of a front 3, but he tended to stay tucked in. If Bolasie was fit, or if we signed someone like Sandro or Domenico Berardi who can play to the left or right of a target man like Giroud or Duvan Zapata, then I would say Barkleys position is really as part of a midfield 3, the same as Klassen. Ordinarily we play with 2 holding players in the middle and 1 Attacking
Agreed. I don't think Barkley fits into a front 3, but Koeman pushed him there last year. This is also why Ross and Sigurdsson are different. Siggy is a forward, not a hold mid or a 10, even if he could play there. Just wish Ross offered more in the tackle.

Heard Niang has turned us down. Again

Thank.. goodness
Think the offer was there originally and he wanted arsenal so we moved on once he stalled. Happy to swerve him tbh
look at how quick Klaassen and Pickford signed, want players that want to be here

I don't particularly want a number 10 as I don't think we will be playing a formation that accomodates one.

I imagine we will be much harder to play against, with plenty of running and snide throughout the team. Winning the ball higher up the pitch and putting defences on the backfoot from the outset.

Sandro, Berardi etc seem to be the type he wants. Players that score goals but also with bite and agression to their game. Even if they are not playing well the opposition know they have been in a game. This is something we struggled with last season, if Lukaku wasn't on it, we became very easy to defend against. Couple that with a lack of goal threats throughout our side and Barkley and Lukaku not being the best pressers meant that teams could have an easy day against us.

I do think we need someone that can take set pieces though, as this is another area we aren't great in. Whether that is Sig or not remains to be seen, but he is definitely a decent option.

It is setting up to be a very interesting couple of weeks with the Europa Qualifier on the horizon. Got a very strong feeling we will see a move for Vardy sooner rather than later, as I reckon Koeman would love him.

Lack of links over target men at the minute, Giroud being the only one of note?

sandro can take a set piece, but i'd like us to have both of them as options tbh. Goals galore then.

i think the striker links are very limited atm because we still don't know whether we'll be selling lukaku or not. Seems like we're getting everything else sorted first (keane links seems strong for CB anyway). And then if lukaku stays we just need 1? backup striker with sandro and DCL sharing 3rd and 4th? (i'd like two myself). But if we goes, we have a £85m warchest to spend massively on two strikers as well as maybe the big money CB signing like we tried the last couple of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back