Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the players on our books, i think Davies will benefit most from Klaasens arrival to be honest. As a previosunposter said, Davies is a true all-rounder whose game is based largely on heart and stamina. Klaaasen is too, but he is much more experienced and i genuinely think he could mentor Davies as well as any other footballer i can think of?

Back on track to transfers

Dembele
Keita
Keane
Sandro
Keep Barkley
Keep Geri

And i would be more than happy with what we have done

Dembele
Keita - He already told us to do one. Won't happen.
Keane
Sandro
Keep Barkley - He does not sign, he does not talk. Will be sold.
Keep Geri - He won't get gametime here. Got no stamina to do it in PL.

Your analogy of joiner quotes does not translate though in modern day football terms.

Players are under contract, clubs will in some case only be tempted to sell if somebody is willing to pay stupid money, as is in our case now with Lukaku.

If the manager wants a player and the board are willing to smash the transfer record to get him then I say let them get on with it.

Like I said, the same people who are saying do not over pay for a player I am pretty sure would not give a shiny one what he cost if he contributed enough to make the team successful.

I don't mean it to come across as nobody should comment on anything, that would be silly of me.
Of course it translates. The joiner quotes me what he is willing to do the work for, and I decide if I'm willing to pay it. Exactly the same as happens in football. If I go and tell a mate how much I paid for the work to be done, he might say I was a fool as I could have got it cheaper elsewhere - just like people are doing here.

Of course if we pay £40m for Sigurdsson and he transforms us into world beaters I'll be made up. I won't boo the lad because he cost a lot of money or anything, but I will comment if I think we're getting a good or bad deal. Where your argument falls down is your effectively suggesting you wouldn't be bothered if we sold Lukaku for £1m and replaced him with Conor Wickham for £50m when I think we all know you would.

I want Everton to get value for money in my eyes, same as I want them to play the type of football I like to watch. Obviously what people see as value for money and good football will vary from person to person, but we'll all give our opinions on it because that's what fans do.

Not at all. He was just about the only highlight from last season as far as I was concerned.

Koeman needs to handle this lad's inevitable disappointment next season very well...and he needs his money signings to be a huge success if he does allow them to crowd Davies out, or there'll be trouble.
Sorry that was a poorly worded question not an assumption, apologies.

I completely agree about man management but I reckon the kid has a good head on his shoulders and knows he's here long term. He should be able to see what is being built here and is already well schooled in the Everton programme and hopefully he sees the long term prospects.

8 March 2014, Giroud was pretty impressive. Spoiled my day. Rather have him in our tent piddling out. Still seemed to have legs last season, unlike some 30 year olds who come to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back