Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
that means he's a winger? ha

i believe he was brought here as a winger then. I was just making the point that we're apparently looking at playing 3 strikers, yet we have 5 wingers on our books, two of which were brought in by the current manager. I have no qualms with it, because it means we can go into different games with different formations and game plans, was just a bit confused by the prices we paid only for them not to fit in our ideal formation.

I wouldn't have said Lookman was a winger

He's at his best when he's drifting inside - think he fits the supposed Koeman blueprint quite well

Bolasie is the odd one out there slightly, but again we need variation - if every player we had fit one particular system, we'd be too predictable. Think having a genuine wide player with pace who wants to get crosses in gives us tactical unpredictability

I wouldn't have said Lookman was a winger

He's at his best when he's drifting inside - think he fits the supposed Koeman blueprint quite well

Bolasie is the odd one out there slightly, but again we need variation - if every player we had fit one particular system, we'd be too predictable. Think having a genuine wide player with pace who wants to get crosses in gives us tactical unpredictability

But okay, this is what we like to see.

Barkley plays in the forward three, Klassen does not. He plays in the three in midfield
I think that this is the problem that Barkley has, he doesn't really fit in to the system RonKo wants to play. He doesn't really suit that dynamic forward three system that Koeman seems to like and he doesn't really suit that deeper lying role (which he has played, sometimes well, in the past) and that is why I think he'll be on his way.

I think it will. I can see (maybe) McCarthy leaving but that will still see us oversubscribed in CM positions.
If we're serious about going after all the competitions we'll be in next season then we will need two players for every position. If we play three across the middle of the park that would be Gana, Schneiderlin, Davies, Klaassen, Barry, Besic (will he ever be fit?), McCarthy (will probably be sold), Barkley could maybe play there but it's not his best position (and he will likely be sold in any case). That's five players for three positions and whilst there may be another coming in I don't think we are even close to the situation Spurs were in a couple of years back.

This is the issue for me ^^^. I know we have EL games etc, but the MF is now well overstocked and that can be a hindrance as well as a help - look at Spurs in the past: MFs falling out of cupboards and they had no idea how to juggle them.

Disagree on here with you buddy.

Starting midfield 3 of Schneids, Gueye & Klassen
You then have back up for all 3 in Barry, Besic & Davies respectfully.
McCarthy is out the door i think, Barry is probably on his last season and Besic can't be relied on.

My personal preference would be to also bin Barry and Besic off and maybe get Dendonker as backup to Morgs in or move Walsh & Williams into that back up section, but thats just my personal preference.

Davies is 3rd/4th choice in a 3 man midfield, he will be fine

From sky sports a minute ago:

TOFFEES CLOSE ON BOWLER

Everton are moving close to agreeing a deal with Queens Park Rangers for 18-year-old winger Josh Bowler, according to Sky sources.

Everton’s first two offers for Bowler were rejected by QPR, but we understand talks are continuing and both sides are hopeful a deal can be agreed.

Everton’s first offer was £1.5m with a further £1.5m in add-ons.

Bowler only signed his first professional contract in February and made his debut for the club in their 4-0 defeat at Norwich on the final day of the Sky Bet Championship season.

Bowler joined the club in 2013 after being released by Fulham.

Disagree on here with you buddy.

Starting midfield 3 of Schneids, Gueye & Klassen
You then have back up for all 3 in Barry, Besic & Davies respectfully.
McCarthy is out the door i think, Barry is probably on his last season and Besic can't be relied on.

My personal preference would be to also bin Barry and Besic off and maybe get Dendonker as backup to Morgs in or move Walsh & Williams into that back up section, but thats just my personal preference.

Davies is 3rd/4th choice in a 3 man midfield, he will be fine
...he's certainly on his last legs...

Linked with Lucas Lima today. Anyone know much about him, outside of the usual "scored 400 goals for me in Football Manager when I took Forest Green to Champions League glory" posts?

He is out of contract in 6 months so I am assuming we could pick up for a small 7-figure sum. Worth a punt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back