Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Lids

We sign Martina whilst West Ham sign Pablo Zabaletta. Oh dear.

Walsh proving what a fraud he is

Look at the end of the day we can't compete with the big boys still and won't be able to until we move stadium and get sold on deal with it. As stated above we need to buy youth and potential. Unfortunately that takes time etc... our manager won't be waiting around for that so we are at a cross roads what do we do? All I'll say is I hope we don't buy anymore Ashley Williams and Yannick Bolasies

I think we would have been happy if we hadn't been fed this continuous lie we have loads of cashing burning a hole in our pocket.

After Kenwright I would have settled for a man with a plan but we got fed lies of war chests etc....

Seriously Everton make a rod of their own back.

False hope is a bad thing

If that lot sign VVD and Salah early doors then I truly despair for Everton.

Just once I'd like us to do some decent business early on, is that too much to ask?

Our problem is stalling on transfers. Whether this is partly because of the relationship between Koeman and Walsh I don't know.

The issue is in sufficiently identifying what we need and bidding the right amount early. In a world where Spurs throw 30m at Sissoko on deadline day and hardly used him all season - says it all about the current market.

And to bring it back to us, take three linked players - Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson. Each tick enough boxes that would warrant a combined fee of around 70m. It seems a lot but that's the going rate for just one top player. Sure, don't overpay, but don't bother wasting time negotiating the lowest possible fee either.

We really shouldn't be getting priced out of players like Pickford, Keane and Sigurdsson. Otherwise the gulf between us and the top 6 is bigger than we thought.

I don't blame you for it. It does hurt a bit to know that I let myself get sucked into some very uncharacteristic Evertonian optimism last summer but that first window said it all for the time being.

I wanted to believe the things I read about us being able to challenge anyone for players and whatnot but reality has set in.

The reality is we are chasing the pack, and will be for the foreseeable future unless everything comes together. Before the takeover I followed our accounts closely because things were not looking good. The gaps between us and the top were growing and the crowd behind us was catching up. The takeover has at least stopped is from stagnating but we are kidding ourselves if we think any massive improvements are guaranteed as a result of Moshiri's involvement. He's come in and helped alleviate the pressure and give us a plan to move forward, but that plan isn't realized yet.

Before the takeover we were looking at real problems with being able to finance a new stadium. We were massively behind the rest in terms of commercial revenue and had to real means to increase it with the kitbag deal and no plausible way to increase attendance and match day revenue. Getting these sponsorship deals and the new stadium just puts us closer to the top teams but it won't be enough to put us on their level, and that's after the stadium is built.

So financially we cannot compete with the teams above us, it's that simple and it is a money game now. Like others I logged on at some point and seen the Witsel and Mata shouts and let my head runaway in fantasy. At the close of that window I knew what to expect moving forward, we are going to try to get players to improve us but if it becomes a competition between us and someone else then money alone might not be enough to persuade them to join especially when we don't have such a proportional financial gap between us and the teams behind us as the teams in front us have with us.

I hate to say it but it's going to be slow and steady until that stadium is built and bumps our revenue up, but by the time that happens It's or City may have already stuck another billion on their valuation.

At least now we should be able to afford to spend more on top of sales, which if we weren't taken over we would be forced into sales to stay afloat. That means more gambles, better quality gambles, which should hopefully work out to some big pay offs. The takeover as given us more room to maneuver but realistically it hasn't done much more than that yet.

For all the people stating they wouldn't like us to pay over the odds for players and offer them silly wages, how on earth are we ever going to compete otherwise?

Chelsea and City done exactly that til they became CL regulars then could attract players based on their name. Obviously Moshiri doesn't have that sort of money but in that case him and Kenwright should shut up mouthing off to the media and Talksport about getting the manager anyone he wants, bidding £60 million for Koulibaly etc.

Either put up or shut up.

We were never in the running as we have not sold anyone yet

I honestly think FFP could be got around if the club was savvy enough. City have done it for years at worst it'll be a big fine and possible 1 window transfer embargo which as we've just seen with Atletico signing Sandro it makes zero difference once your an established "big club". It just stinks of the same old at the moment the fact Moshiri only owns 49.9% makes me question is he just in it to make a profit from the stadium deal with Kenwright maintaining his role as chairman whilst having fan pressure off him with the club "having found an investor".

Any serious buyer buys the club outright, anything else is an investor.

Anyone think we will make a statement signing this summer or more value for money types ?

I heard that's it nailed on that Keane is going to utd

Everton are making another absolute ballhocks of this transfer window.

Absolutely nothing and we are fast approaching mid June.

Anyone who says I'm wetting my pants please feel free to quote this post at the end of the transfer window.
Let's see who is right.

What the hell is going on!!

Sick of false dawns and false promises.

When are we ever going to make a mark and recruit a team capable of challenging for honours.

I was spoilt by the team of the mid to late 80's.
I want to see Everton as a winning force again.

Is that so wrong.

Things are different this window.

Senior figures at the club have gone public about how Everton are gonna do serious business this summer.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Can't wait to miss out on all these players we weren't even in for

I look forward to us being linked with all sorts of exotic sounding players, only to end the window by signing a child and a has been on loan.

All this fume was brought on by them. They have talked about a big window, the biggest window in the clubs history said Elstone. We have heard how Jim Whites best mate Mosh was throwing £60m bids around last season, and we have heard of promises of money here there and everywhere. And whats happening?. Koeman is off playing golf, and walsh has gone missing. The RS and City are getting straight into business no matter what the cost, and we are left sitting here not even knowing whats going on with Lukaku and Barkley. (West ham).

Nothing will happen until Rom is sold

That simple really

No it is not.
Do get your facts right before joining the grammar gestappo.

“Bear with me,” the standard expression, is a request for forbearance or patience.

“Bare with me” would be an invitation to undress.
wow. I've never felt so stupid...

True, to be fair, Connolly was dropped and seems to need another season perhaps.

The Brazilian is so highly rated the media have been saying he's going to be pushing to be first choice in their full squad.
He's got to push past Sandro and Marcelo they are the best two attacking full backs in world footy at the minute

I don't blame you for it. It does hurt a bit to know that I let myself get sucked into some very uncharacteristic Evertonian optimism last summer but that first window said it all for the time being.

I wanted to believe the things I read about us being able to challenge anyone for players and whatnot but reality has set in.

The reality is we are chasing the pack, and will be for the foreseeable future unless everything comes together. Before the takeover I followed our accounts closely because things were not looking good. The gaps between us and the top were growing and the crowd behind us was catching up. The takeover has at least stopped is from stagnating but we are kidding ourselves if we think any massive improvements are guaranteed as a result of Moshiri's involvement. He's come in and helped alleviate the pressure and give us a plan to move forward, but that plan isn't realized yet.

Before the takeover we were looking at real problems with being able to finance a new stadium. We were massively behind the rest in terms of commercial revenue and had to real means to increase it with the kitbag deal and no plausible way to increase attendance and match day revenue. Getting these sponsorship deals and the new stadium just puts us closer to the top teams but it won't be enough to put us on their level, and that's after the stadium is built.

So financially we cannot compete with the teams above us, it's that simple and it is a money game now. Like others I logged on at some point and seen the Witsel and Mata shouts and let my head runaway in fantasy. At the close of that window I knew what to expect moving forward, we are going to try to get players to improve us but if it becomes a competition between us and someone else then money alone might not be enough to persuade them to join especially when we don't have such a proportional financial gap between us and the teams behind us as the teams in front us have with us.

I hate to say it but it's going to be slow and steady until that stadium is built and bumps our revenue up, but by the time that happens It's or City may have already stuck another billion on their valuation.

At least now we should be able to afford to spend more on top of sales, which if we weren't taken over we would be forced into sales to stay afloat. That means more gambles, better quality gambles, which should hopefully work out to some big pay offs. The takeover as given us more room to maneuver but realistically it hasn't done much more than that yet.

@nsno-chris can you point out what you don't agree with here. I can't figure it out from your multi quote lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back