Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So potentially the numbers 7,8,9 & 10 could be free this summer..
giphy.gif

Pickford
Coleman/Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Morgan
Klaassen - Barkley/Gana/Davies
Sandro -- ?? -- ??
I really, really, really cant find anybody im totally happy with up top and LW.
Top 4 contender or maybe title challenging team,that team is better than the one that Leicester won the league with.

Bitter sweet for me. We desperately need good attackers like him in our team immediately. Not next year. Assuming lukaku goes our only attacking player who can score goals is sandro (and he is not confirmed) - no other goals scorers in then team!
And there ks still 2 months of window to go. Need to sort out Rom/Ross futures asap so we can move on.

Do you not think as a fan base we are pretty arrogant though. Almost snobbish. I sometimes liken us to the old aristocracy from the 17/1800s, turning our noses up at the "new money" clubs like Chelsea and City, whilst at times being downright condescending to wannabees like West Ham, Stoke, Newcastle and Southampton. Begrudgingly allowing parity with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, United and the RS.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this by the way. if I'm honest I probably think that way myself. I just think it's amazing that, as a group, we are still able to hold onto this sense of superiority given that the majority of our fans haven't even tasted any sustained success over the last 30 years or so. Obviously our young fans are being well groomed in the old traditions.;)

As regards loans though, it is arrogant of us I agree, but the fact is Sunderland are now in the second tier, do have big finance issues by all accounts, and in all likelihood, will be looking to take on loan high quality young players. We have two or three that fit the bill so why not?
This with bells on mate! I have always thought we were a 'cut above' all the other teams in the league ( and I mean all 91 of them) because we are. We are arrogant and we can be condescending too, but that's only as it should be, simply because we are Everton, aren't we?

Giroud will never leave the comfy environs of London and the Home Counties to come to the rough cold and damp Northern regions.

LB is much needed and one of those DCM/CM's can leave. McCarthy for me.

Need a winger as Bolasie isn't back until December Jan time

That lad from Brazil we have been linked with might be the one they are doing for, he sounds ace, Guilherme Arana, bit young but Baines is still playing so he can ease him in slowly

This with bells on mate! I have always thought we were a 'cut above' all the other teams in the league ( and I mean all 91 of them) because we are. We are arrogant and we can be condescending too, but that's only as it should be, simply because we are Everton, aren't we?
Agreed.
As part of the "Evertonians are born, not manufactured" ditty, those that don't, don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back