Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, who would you suggest then?

Didn't he want Mata......

Mata would have played LW, if we even had any interest at all, lets not forget there was only ever 1 person who said we had interest in Mata.

He does play a "playmaker", if Sigi is bought he will probably favour the left wing, thats where I think our playmaker will play.

I could be very wrong, but heres how I think we will set up.

4-3-3
2 wingbacks up and down all day, they will provide the width
1 sitting DM
2 box to box midfielders
1 player on the right wing who will be asked to tuck in alongside the fella at top and play almost as a SS
1 player on the left who will be given a free role and expected to drift all along the space in the hole and pull the strings
1 "number 9" who will be expected to score goals, hold the ball up and be an attacking hub
The whole team will be expected to press the ball at all times.

Thats my take anyway.

We should be looking down our nose at these clubs. Put together they haven't won half as many league titles as Everton have. The media and the monopoly the sh1te have over it have done a wonderful job in forgetting Everton's importance in English football. Everton had more title's then Manchester utd when football was invented in 1993.
Your post just confirms my point. And as I said there's nothing wrong with being the way we are. Its pure football snobbery and I'm proud of it.

Mata would have played LW, if we even had any interest at all, lets not forget there was only ever 1 person who said we had interest in Mata.

He does play a "playmaker", if Sigi is bought he will probably favour the left wing, thats where I think our playmaker will play.

4-3-3
1 sitting DM
2 box to box midfielders
1 player on the right wing who will be asked to tuck in alongside the fella at top and play almost as a SS
1 player on the left who will be given a free role and expected to drift all along the space in the hole and pull the strings
1 "number 9" who will be expected to score goals, hold the ball up and be an attacking hub

Thats my take anyway.

Fair enough,

I'll trust whatever he does but I hope we look away from Sigi and buy someone who can create from open play.

Well I would take a chance on Ghezzal myself, not the greatest 12months and there must be questions regarding his hunger, but hes got La Magica.

Can't say I have seen much of him, watched Lyon twice against Ajax and came away thinking Fekir is a player I would love to see play for the blues.

lol lol lol I just think Dembele could do a job mate .MAYBE not a STARTER but better thane Kone/Valencia on the bench.

Dembele would cost £35m+ I would think which would only be spent on a striker that will be starting in our first 11, plus he aint going to leave Celtic and the champions league to sit on our bench. Promise him he's number 1 and maybe he would

4-3-3
1 sitting DM
2 box to box midfielders

Thats my take anyway.

And if you were to fill that formation and those positions with the players we have now / are expected to sign, what would your lineup be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back