Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go into the season with those named as our strike force and anyone with half a knowledge of football would see where we are finishing.
If/when Lukaku goes, blind Freddy can see that we have an urgency there that will derail all the good work being done now if unaddressed.
That's blind Freddy minus the usual keyboard warriors like @Nymzee the βλάκα that like jumping online Name calling.
The fact is we are setting up to go without a traditional number 9 at times, I don't want that but I honestly see enough quality there to score goals. It's not doom and gloom for me at all.
Don't get me wrong I want Rom replaced if he goes but the likes of Giroud is not the answer for me. We are looking for fluid players like Iheaincho, Walcott even Welbek can do that job.

Bolassie will be back in the second half of the season as well.

I am tempted to see if Koeman actually goes in for a winger though. He preferred to have inside forwards in the second half of the season but I don't know if that's just because his hand was forced and/or it worked for the most part.

Well yes, I doubt he will go for Wingers as such, but the discussion was that we have enough players for the wings, we really dont, from fullback to wingforward the wings are weak asf, not to mention at CB and ST.

If you want Dembele, why not just get Scott Sinclair? He scored more goals than Dembele in that utter jarg league.
Dembele is young and still developing. No problem taking a chance on him, but think we need someone a bit more proven or reliable, too, like a Bacca. But honestly, Rom isn't going anywhere. We are reaching out to strikers just in case IMO.

Dembele is young and still developing. No problem taking a chance on him, but think we need someone a bit more proven or reliable, too, like a Bacca. But honestly, Rom isn't going anywhere. We are reaching out to strikers just in case IMO.

Agreed, we should cease with this kid buying, its time to buy MEN.

Ah sorry, you've misunderstood what I meant.

I meant us as fans, not as a club. I meant it is arrogant for us to believe that our young players are so good that other clubs will want them that much they will agree to any demands we make (ie we can take them back if we want, you have to play them every week etc) which is what some people seem to suggest should happen.

Obviously if a club decides they want one of young players that's fine, I just don't think it's very realistic to think that players who can't get near our squad would be seen as must haves to clubs who probably see themselves as not that far off us in standing. To put into perspective, 2 players you've just called terrible both played a hell of a lot more games for Everton than the players we're talking about here.

We're not in a position like Chelsea or City where they have squads jammed with superstars. If a young player of ours is good enough to be a star in the championship they're likely good enough to get decent game time for us and so we don't send them out on loan. That's why I say it doesn't work like that, because it doesn't. Like demonstrably it doesn't, our best young players invariably break into our team if they're good enough, and don't usually go out on loan.
The fact is though we have the countries best under 23 squad and if their are teams who cannot afford big wages and loan fees for established stars then it makes sense for them to take a punt for low risk on the top kids in the country.

I think we may need to change our mindset you know and have confidence that we have quality and teams want and need part of that and if we deem it good for the player we can dictate terms as there is no point them going to simply train with a lesser quality squad and get no game time, they stay and train in a better set up with better players and they will progress more. We are not relegation fodder looking for loan deals to try and scrap through the season.

Well yes, I doubt he will go for Wingers as such, but the discussion was that we have enough players for the wings, we really dont, from fullback to wingforward the wings are weak asf, not to mention at CB and ST.

CB won't be too bad assuming we sign Keane, still got Jags, Williams (who I'm prepared to give give some slack), Mori (who needs to be jettisoned to outer space) and Holgate.

Left back is possibly a position we can wait on until January depending on how Baines performs and Galloway and Garbutt.

Right back would be sound but for Coleman's injury, that said Martina for a nominal fee and Kenny and see how they get on until Jan.

I think we should defo be looking at at least one winger irrespective of sales, or a Pienaar type, an AM who comes in off the left as our left side seems our weakest these days.

Striker obviously needs looking at, I think we'll sign Sandro but still need at least another one assuming Lukaku goes. Someone a bit more established and proven and with a better all round game to hopefully go some way to compensate for the fact that no striker we replace Lukaku with will bag 20+ goals.

Who's he?

Doesn't fill me with any excitement at all
3g3Z_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back