Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it's a strange one. I notice most of Mariner's recent years have been spent in the US.
Which could point to Vint. But I doubt he has any contact with the club anymore.

Personally I would be surprised if it's true. With the media circus surrounding both clubs I find it hard to believe that either could have made a formal bid without it finding it's way into the press.

cheers for the info @Eggs. suppose it now boils down to how quickly and IF they will cough up what we want.

The one card we do hold is, if we decide to bat back bids that are unacceptable is Rom is in no position to sulk with a WC coming at the end of next season.

Koeman fortunately is strong enough to bench him if his sulking does affects his form. Probably clutching at straws though.

You would have to assume he meant Walsh mate. Since Vint left he's the only person who fits the "sporting director" description.

Don't think Walshy will be very happy he's being quoted on national TV. Don't think he'll be having many more chats with Mr Mariner, if it's even true of course.

Both Mariner and Walsh from Chorley and both around the same age.

Reasonable to assume that is who he is talking about.

The DoF role is often referred to as Sporting director on the continent.

Both Mariner and Walsh from Chorley and both around the same age.

Reasonable to assume that is who he is talking about.

The DoF role is often referred to as Sporting director on the continent.
Didn't know Mariner was from Chorley. If Walshy has spoken to him I guarantee he won't be best pleased at being quoted on national TV.

Whatever happened to Rees Greenwood mate?. I remember watching him in a live televised U21 match a couple of seasons ago that you won 3-2. He had a great game and his corners where unbelievable. He really looked the part.
Guess he hasn't kicked on mate. Only bit I've seen of him was on the last day of the 15/16 away to Watford and he did ok maybe Grayson will see more in him than Moyes did

Guess he hasn't kicked on mate. Only bit I've seen of him was on the last day of the 15/16 away to Watford and he did ok maybe Grayson will see more in him than Moyes did
That was pretty much the same time as he played against us. He'd just won the P2 player of the month award IIRC. Maybe it was just a purple patch he was going through at the time that he hasn't been able to replicate.

Best of luck for next season mate. Hope you come straight back up.

Do you not think as a fan base we are pretty arrogant though. Almost snobbish. I sometimes liken us to the old aristocracy from the 17/1800s, turning our noses up at the "new money" clubs like Chelsea and City, whilst at times being downright condescending to wannabees like West Ham, Stoke, Newcastle and Southampton. Begrudgingly allowing parity with the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, United and the RS.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this by the way. if I'm honest I probably think that way myself. I just think it's amazing that, as a group, we are still able to hold onto this sense of superiority given that the majority of our fans haven't even tasted any sustained success over the last 30 years or so. Obviously our young fans are being well groomed in the old traditions.;)

As regards loans though, it is arrogant of us I agree, but the fact is Sunderland are now in the second tier, do have big finance issues by all accounts, and in all likelihood, will be looking to take on loan high quality young players. We have two or three that fit the bill so why not?
We should be looking down our nose at these clubs. Put together they haven't won half as many league titles as Everton have. The media and the monopoly the sh1te have over it have done a wonderful job in forgetting Everton's importance in English football. Everton had more title's then Manchester utd when football was invented in 1993.

Last edited:
On the radar, Luis Murial, Sampodoria.
good player in that league, though not prolific, probably averages 10 goals a season, im not sure about the premier league though, its a bit more physical and not everyone can adapt. His release clause is rumored to be 28m euros (or £24.65m) which is OK money in the current crazy transfer fee world. Sevilla are also interested and finished 4th in la liga last year, so can offer champions league, but we can offer more in wages surely.

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/2017/06/30/everton-eyeing-potential-e28m-lukaku-replacement/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back