Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get worried that we are spending 25/30 mil on players that in other seasons we would have signed for 8/12.

The problem is, with all the players we have bought Im pretty sure Everton before ambition, money and investment could have attracted them. So I am abit worried we are going to spend all this money and not progress in the table at all.

The only real quality player that showed ambition and I believe pushed that position up a peg from what we had previously was Schneiderlin.

I get worried that we are spending 25/30 mil on players that in other seasons we would have signed for 8/12.

The problem is, with all the players we have bought Im pretty sure Everton before ambition, money and investment could have attracted them. So I am abit worried we are going to spend all this money and not progress in the table at all.

The only real quality player that showed ambition and I believe pushed that position up a peg from what we had previously was Schneiderlin.

Market prices have doubled so you can stop panicking that we've overpaid for players. You're not getting the caliber of player we signed for 8mm anymore - that gets you Tom Cleverly.

We still may not move up in the table but that's a separate issue.

No ITK info but I get the feeling that after we sign Keane and Sandro there will be a hiatus until Lukaku and/or Barkley go.

My gut feeling is we would replace Lukaku with Dembele and Ross with Sigurdson.

That would give us a stronger and better balanced squad.

Personally I'd like also to see us ship out McCarthy and replace with Dedoncker and bring another striker in.

No ITK info but I get the feeling that after we sign Keane and Sandro there will be a hiatus until Lukaku and/or Barkley go.

My gut feeling is we would replace Lukaku with Dembele and Ross with Sigurdson.

That would give us a stronger and better balanced squad.

Personally I'd like also to see us ship out McCarthy and replace with Dedoncker and bring another striker in.
Surely ROI should be selling McCarthy after all he plays more for them (even when injured) than he does for us.

I doubt we'd have signed the Captain of Ajax, who'd just reached a Europa League final btw, for anything less than roughly what we've paid.

Market prices have doubled so you can stop panicking that we've overpaid for players. You're not getting the caliber of player we signed for 8mm anymore - that gets you Tom Cleverly.

We still may not move up in the table but that's a separate issue.
I don't think he's talking about us overpaying, more that we may be being slightly fooled by the inflated market and the calibre of player we're signing is actually similar to that which we have previously signed.

It's difficult to disagree in all honesty, with Sandro being a similar signing to Deulofeu, Keane to Jagielka , Klaasen to Fellaini etc. The difference for me is that we've never really signed a clutch of that type of players at the same time - it's always been one big signing and a couple of freebies - that's why this summer has been a bit different in my opinion.

...looks another who doesn't play straight down the middle. Only watching clips but lots of his work is out wide and down the channels either side of Centre.
Agreed. Hard to tell, don't know him. Really good ball control it seems, but doesn't appear to be explosive and certainly not a #9. Still love me some Willian Jose if we want a true #9.

Not a chance he lasts beyond the window.

But lets assume he does, 3 wingers, for a whole season?

No mate.

Bolassie will be back in the second half of the season as well.

I am tempted to see if Koeman actually goes in for a winger though. He preferred to have inside forwards in the second half of the season but I don't know if that's just because his hand was forced and/or it worked for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back