Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...FootballItalia saying Everton are one of a number of clubs interested in Inter Milan defender, Yuto Nagatomo. The 30 year old plays either wing back or full back and Bayer Leverkusen are most likely to sign him.

Just think that's a lazy link. When Walsh was at Leicester they wanted him and it seems now he's with us were getting linked to a lot of the players he was wanting Leicester to sign. Some of those players are decent and would be good for us but the likes of Nagatomo just aren't good enough for us and not worth going for.

We are not interested in grey... and Lyons president has said arsenal would not sell sloroud paper talk lads

Just think Arsenal have said that to Lyon as they would of wanted him as part of the Lacazette deal but if that was the case he would of been devalued in the deal so Lyon would of got the better deal in the end so instead of a deal of say £40m plus Giroud (£15m) which would total upto what Lyon want for Lacazette (£55m), Arsenal just buy Lacazette outright for that price and then sell Giroud for £20m plus maybe so by selling Giroud for that kind of money, it makes the Lacazette deal look even cheaper!

At least he can trap a ball and play a bit not arsed if he doesn't run round like a headless chicken

Get players with pace and movement in and around Giroud and he won't have to chase about like an headless chicken will he...

But a player like Giroud would hold the ball up and link play and get our other attacking players into play in the right areas of the final third. We all know that when Lukaku tries the one touch lay offs or balls round the corner normally go to the opposition more often than his team mates and he doesn't always win his aerial duels and flick balls on for on running players either and that could be a problem for a player like Klaassen who likes to bomb on from deep and go beyond the striker and look to link and latch on to balls and be a goal threat.

Atleast with a Giroud type of CF whose back to goal and link game is good, we would be able to bring into play the likes of Klaassen in and around the box and get more out of those players. I think he'd be a good signing for 2-3 years to help us kick on. Obviously if/when we lose Lukaku we would need more than just Giroud & Sandro but if we got another versatile forward that can play in a front three and the 3 of them can link up well and chip in with the goals at at a fraction of what we would get for Rom then happy days imo.

Things are going pretty well eh ? If we could get Gylfi and Giroud in on the top of Keane and Sandro it would be great.

I do wish the Lukaku and Ross pieces would be completed one way or another

As delighted I am with our business, so far this window. I feel any further significant forward signings will only be conducted once we know where we stand with these two. Hopefully their futures will be sorted sooner rather than later, in order so that we can get the players we want in by pre-season and not leaving it to the end of the window.

He has pace which is one thing Koeman likes, Walsh seems to like players who have battled from setbacks in career (he got released from a league 2 club as a kid) and won't cost that much. I can see him being a possible signing, not saying he is good enough or will be a success but think it could be a realistic shout.
Fair points there kiddo.
Me like thousands of other blues are just having our moment in the sun, basking in the belief that we can go out and sign players who are at levels way above the likes of Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back