Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...FootballItalia saying Everton are one of a number of clubs interested in Inter Milan defender, Yuto Nagatomo. The 30 year old plays either wing back or full back and Bayer Leverkusen are most likely to sign him.
A headless chicken, he is very often out of position and smaller than Baines. Oviedo is better.

As delighted I am with our business, so far this window. I feel any further significant forward signings will only be conducted once we know where we stand with these two. Hopefully their futures will be sorted sooner rather than later, in order so that we can get the players we want in by pre-season and not leaving it to the end of the window.

Agreed, we need two strikers plus Sandro, and I think Swansea will draw things out over Sigurdsson too. Either way, not sure the board would sanction further incomings without seeing some serious cash coming in. If we confirm Keane, Sandro, and Martina this week that might be it until Lukaku is sold, if he is going.

Hope Lukaku is sorted one way or another in the next fortnight max. That should trigger a big replacement signing, whoever it is, soon enough. I think we'll make a splash for his replacement, and still sign another cheaper option too for numbers, which is why the Andre Gray links seem credible IMO.

Giroud does score though to go along with his all round play, he had the best goals per minute ratio last season

And as much as we can say all rom needs to do is slot, at times the things he can't do can be a detriment to the team

Stop drinking the Tubey kool aid.

Lukakus all round play has improved all season, hes not just a goalscorer, people need to stop thinking of him at his worst, consider him at his very best, motivated, not a player in the league that touches him.

I think people are underestimating the part DCL will play next season under Koeman.
I think he will get a lot of game time at centreforward and maybe the target man in the squad, it would explain the interest in Muriel who is a different type of player.
Got to be honest I've yet to see anything stand out with dcl, he works hard and is good in the air but there's nothing about him that's immediately stands out as quality. Superb taste in women though

Lukakus all round play has improved all season, hes not just a goalscorer, people need to stop thinking of him at his worst, consider him at his very best, motivated, not a player in the league that touches him.
You are right, because he's likely to be going and even during last season when he was amongst the top scorers in the league, people still moaned about what he couldn't do. Yes there are still parts of his game that needs working on, but when koeman talks about him being up there, with the best finishers he has seen it says it all about the lads talent. He will be a big miss next season, I've no doubt.

lol lol

Once in a blue moon he'll bully someone or lead the line like we know he can but its way too inconsistent. He does the main thing that you want and that's slotting regularly but let's be honest in the spectrum of top class strikers the rest of his game is poor

lol lol

Once in a blue moon he'll bully someone or lead the line like we know he can but its way too inconsistent. He does the main thing that you want and that's slotting regularly but let's be honest in the spectrum of top class strikers the rest of his game is poor

Harry Kane is the only other striker in the league I would consider trading him for.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

lol lol

But he excels at the most important and difficult part of the game - scoring goals. I'd take a similar player to lukaku who scores regular (but has limitations in his game, over workrate, bringing others into play and touch) any day.

You are right, because he's likely to be going and even during last season when he was amongst the top scorers in the league, people still moaned about what he couldn't do. Yes there are still parts of his game that needs working on, but when koeman talks about him being up there, with the best finishers he has seen it says it all about the lads talent. He will be a big miss next season, I've no doubt.
He will be missed, but there were 6 teams above us last year and they didn't have him, so is clearly not indispensable. We need to build a better all round team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back