Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giroud does score though to go along with his all round play, he had the best goals per minute ratio last season

And as much as we can say all rom needs to do is slot, at times the things he can't do can be a detriment to the team
Undoubtedly Giroud is a class player,
But if he was playing for us last year,with 3 defensively minded midfielders,
Tortoise like build up play in the opposition half,reliant on one midfielder to create chances,he wouldn't of scored half as many as Lukaku did imo,
Hopefully next year there'll be a different formation and more attack minded players, which would suit most strikers,
Just think it's a cop out to single Lukaku out (not quoting you btw) and I would like to see him perform in a more attacking side.

But he excels at the most important and difficult part of the game - scoring goals. I'd take a similar player to lukaku who scores regular (but has limitations in his game, over workrate, bringing others into play and touch) any day.
True, that's why I think so much of his game gets over looked because he does the important thing that is slot for fun. Would be ideal to have a more complete forward to play alongside him to do the link up stuff and he can just score the goals, he's always looked at his best with another forward next to him even when he had gash like kone next to him he looked more lively

He will be missed, but there were 6 teams above us last year and they didn't have him, so is clearly not indispensable. We need to build a better all round team.
Yes but bar Liverpool they all had a top goalscorer within their teams. Costa, aguero, Kane, zlatan and Sanchez. Even Liverpool are trying to get mbappe in to get a consistent goalscorer in the team. It is folly to suggest, you don't need a goalscorer in your team to be successful.

I think Arsenal were too reliant on Sanchez and lost some of their fluid team play. Giroud can bring out the best in others - would be great on the end of Sigurdsson set pieces too.

i want him regardless of whether rom is bought or sold. He's probably a better all round player tbh, just not a better goalscorer, but i don't want us to be a team reliant on one goalscorer. I think sanchez himself knew arsenal were too reliant on him, giroud has scored a lot of big goals for them, but their fans like to focus on his weaknesses instead. He's just a much better version of pelle who was a real success under koeman, so i can definitely see why he'd be interested, i just think it's all nonsence based on people in here discussing it. He's way too good for west ham, anyway.

True, that's why I think so much of his game gets over looked because he does the important thing that is slot for fun. Would be ideal to have a more complete forward to play alongside him to do the link up stuff and he can just score the goals, he's always looked at his best with another forward next to him even when he had gash like kone next to him he looked more lively
How I'd love a season of Sandro, lukaku and siguardsson with klassen supporting from midfield. The space and chances the others would create, would make rom's return this season seem minimal.

Even Liverpool are trying to get mbappe in to get a consistent goalscorer in the team. It is folly to suggest, you don't need a goalscorer in your team to be successful.
They have no chance of getting MBappe and they know it. It's their usual blatant attempt to get some headlines and appear to be a bigger club than they are, I very much doubt they'd bother enquiring about a player so far out of their League. Arsenal have no chance either and they have talked to his people/club.

They will not sign him. you can quote me as 100% ITK on that one. He'll end up at a big Club.

They have no chance of getting MBappe and they know it. It's their usual blatant attempt to get some headlines and appear to be a bigger club than they are, I very much doubt they'd bother enquiring about a player so far out of their League. Arsenal have no chance either and they have talked to his people/club.

They will not sign him. you can quote me as 100% ITK on that one. He'll end up at a big Club.
This. That 'report' that came out the other week stating that he'd apparently be open to a move there made me laugh.

Their 'marquee' signing this summer would be Keita, and he'll cost them at least £60m. Klopp is looking for his N'golo Kante/Idrissa Gueye and is willing to part with big money for him it would seem.

The RS and their MBappe effort reminds me of our good selves back in the day when out of nowhere we bid £5m for Chris Sutton when he left Norwich.
Desperation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back