Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. That 'report' that came out the other week stating that he'd apparently be open to a move there made me laugh.

Their 'marquee' signing this summer would be Keita, and he'll cost them at least £60m. Klopp is looking for his N'golo Kante/Idrissa Gueye and is willing to part with big money for him it would seem.
We should just give him James McCarthy for £40M.

The RS and their MBappe effort reminds me of our good selves back in the day when out of nowhere we bid £5m for Chris Sutton when he left Norwich.
Desperation. Nothing more, nothing less.
I argued with mike walker on a preseason game in germany about that, i asked him why we bid when hed already signed for blackburn, he answered "dont tell me how to do my effing job" a gang of us just burst out laughing.

They have no chance of getting MBappe and they know it. It's their usual blatant attempt to get some headlines and appear to be a bigger club than they are, I very much doubt they'd bother enquiring about a player so far out of their League. Arsenal have no chance either and they have talked to his people/club.

They will not sign him. you can quote me as 100% ITK on that one. He'll end up at a big Club.

well seeing as they won't sell sturridge because they wouldn't be able to afford a replacement, they obviously can't afford mbappe ha. I honestly don't understand the frenzie over mbappe, what is wrong with clubs these days? He's 18 and had a good season, why not wait two or three years and see if he does it consistently first. He's hardly going to be valued at higher than £100m then? For that price you want the absolute surest signing on the planet, like madrid with ronaldo. Lack of petience in football these days. Some would say it's sily for us paying these prices for pickford and keane after one solitary season in the prem, which imo holds weight, but then again, it's a fraction of the price. We've all seen players like jeffers move at a young age and not make the grade, why would you throw £100m for a scenario which could happen again.

well seeing as they won't sell sturridge because they wouldn't be able to afford a replacement, they obviously can't afford mbappe ha. I honestly don't understand the frenzie over mbappe, what is wrong with clubs these days? He's 18 and had a good season, why not wait two or three years and see if he does it consistently first. He's hardly going to be valued at higher than £100m then? For that price you want the absolute surest signing on the planet, like madrid with ronaldo. Lack of petience in football these days. Some would say it's sily for us paying these prices for pickford and keane after one solitary season in the prem, which imo holds weight, but then again, it's a fraction of the price. We've all seen players like jeffers move at a young age and not make the grade, why would you throw £100m for a scenario which could happen again.

For Madrid etc. If he busts then meh they just get the next one in and flog him for 40-50 in for the rs it'd break the club having that huge loss

For Madrid etc. If he busts then meh they just get the next one in and flog him for 40-50 in for the rs it'd break the club having that huge loss

i would love to see the RS sign him tbh, they'd have to sell coutinho, sturridge and probably firmino to fund it and then realise he's an 18 year old kid and will be inconsitent for half of the season, whilst they finish in the bottom half. I've never seen keita play, but hope that goes through if they're willing to spend £70m on him. Just look at the prices gueye and kante cost, they've been much more effective than say pogba and all 3 do a very similar job. They're just adament on making these big money signings when their squad depth is attrocious, it'll all blow up soon after a couple of years of "heavy metal run-around like headless chickens football".

You are right, because he's likely to be going and even during last season when he was amongst the top scorers in the league, people still moaned about what he couldn't do. Yes there are still parts of his game that needs working on, but when koeman talks about him being up there, with the best finishers he has seen it says it all about the lads talent. He will be a big miss next season, I've no doubt.

Maybe. I think we would miss what he could bring in future if you had top quality supplying him all day.

Will we miss him that much though? We were challenging or best of the rest before he came here, doing the same (or worse) whilst he was here and would probably be doing the same once he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back