Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he plays 10 more games for France that will cost United another 7m, if he scores 10 more goals in the next 2 seasons that is another 7m.
On top of what we pay them they will save that, if we offer 25m and they take it they will be 39m better off then they would be if they keep him and he hits those targets. We really should go for it

The goals clause has already been triggered mate after Martial scored 25 goals, that meant Man U had to pay £7.6m (other reports say it was £8.5m) to Monaco.

Last edited:
At least he can trap a ball and play a bit not arsed if he doesn't run round like a headless chicken
I'm equally not arsed about his ability to trap the ball,Fellaini had that an feck all else,
Admittedly his first touch isn't great, but his job is to slot and that is something that he does tremendously well and if we actually played to his strengths,he'd score even more than he does now.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-2_11-45-15.webp
    upload_2017-7-2_11-45-15.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 58

At least he can trap a ball and play a bit not arsed if he doesn't run round like a headless chicken
Beat me too it.

Limited shelf life but privided we use part of the surplus ti bring in a young un like that Batysh lad or Dembele I'd be all over it.

I'm equally not arsed about his ability to trap the ball,Fellaini had that an feck all else,
Admittedly his first touch isn't great, but his job is to slot and that is something that he does tremendously well and if we actually played to his strengths,he'd score even more than he does now.
Giroud does score though to go along with his all round play, he had the best goals per minute ratio last season

And as much as we can say all rom needs to do is slot, at times the things he can't do can be a detriment to the team

Would take Giroud all day long but if/when Lukaku goes we will need another CF aswell. Think Giroud fits the type of striker Koeman likes leading his line. He's a target man that takes care of the ball and links play but he's got goals in him also. If played on a regular basis he gets you 15 goals plus in the league easily! If Sandro chips in with 10-12 goals aswell then that's Lukaku's goals replaced at just over £25m! Get another forward in and he gets double figures aswell and we will not of only made the team better but brought more goals to the team which Koeman wants and thinks will make us a better team to push on and for a fraction of what Rom would go, so win win isn't it.
Are we allowed to play 13 players now?

I think people are underestimating the part DCL will play next season under Koeman.
I think he will get a lot of game time at centreforward and maybe the target man in the squad, it would explain the interest in Muriel who is a different type of player.

would be great if we bought giroud and perez from arsenal and then they fire us to top 4 ahead of arsenal because wenger refuses to play either one of them much.
I think Arsenal were too reliant on Sanchez and lost some of their fluid team play. Giroud can bring out the best in others - would be great on the end of Sigurdsson set pieces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back