Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't like giroud at us myself. Can't see him leaving London either.

Depends mate, players do leave London - especially if they put their career ahead of the nightlife etc

Giroud HAS said he is unwilling to play a similar limited role as last season - if they sign Lacazette which looks very likely - then he can only play central which means Giroud is arguably in a worse situation than he was squad wise last season.

So his option is - go back to France to a mediocre Marseilles team or go to west ham a utter mess of a club.

Aye it's why I said likely a jargon story written after his agents comments about Italian league and Roma links.

If we sell Lukaku. Then 20 on Giroud, 5 on Sandro and 30 on Dolberg would see us improve heavily up front and give us 25-35 profit to use on someone else.
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Looks quute similar to Sandro in style. Just a bit classier. Sandro playing in a much higher standard of course. Think in current climes Sandro could turn into another Seamus moment.

Robbie Fowler praising our Transfer window so far:

_20170702_155344.webp

Hahahahaha, like Bill had anything to do with the speed of signings this summer...

Nobody has any clue how Lacazette will cope in this league, same for Aubameyang, not everybody can score goals in this league.

Defoe hasnt played for a top team cos hes not a top player, hes scored over 20 goals only once in his 17 year career and that includes seasons in the Mickey Mouse NFL and The Championship.

Lukaku isnt just a goalscorer, properly motivated hes 1 of the best strikers in this league, totally unplayable when hes in the mood, but most people would be happy to trade him in for some joker from the SPL, SMFH.
Agreed... he also pulls defenders to him which creates space for others.

How I'd love a season of Sandro, lukaku and siguardsson with klassen supporting from midfield. The space and chances the others would create, would make rom's return this season seem minimal.

The forward options if Lukaku and Barkley stayed and we signed Sandro and one other top player would be immense.

But I personally think the key is signing a superstar centre back next to Keane.

Nothing but a hunch - albeit a logical one and based on a bit of knowledge that a move away from Arsenal may well be on the cards - but can actually see us moving for Welbeck if/when Rom goes and depending who Arsenal bring in.

All of this talk of Giroud leaving, but Arsenal want him to stay and it may well be Welbeck who leaves.

Nothing but a hunch - albeit a logical one and based on a bit of knowledge that a move away from Arsenal may well be on the cards - but can actually see us moving for Welbeck if/when Rom goes and depending who Arsenal bring in.

All of this talk of Giroud leaving, but Arsenal want him to stay and it may well be Welbeck who leaves.

I swear down I will support Chelsea if we signed Welbeck.

I've talk Welbeck up for a while, I honestly think he's about to really show his potential but like you nothing more than a whim really

The forward options if Lukaku and Barkley stayed and we signed Sandro and one other top player would be immense.

But I personally think the key is signing a superstar centre back next to Keane.
Superstar centreback - I presume you mean VVD or koulibaly? It's unlikely we are going to spend 60m on another centre half, but I agree we do need another one. Gibson would be more realistic.
It's all about prioritising, if we sell Rom our focus should be on spending big to replace him with likewise quality, not another centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back