Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing but a hunch - albeit a logical one and based on a bit of knowledge that a move away from Arsenal may well be on the cards - but can actually see us moving for Welbeck if/when Rom goes and depending who Arsenal bring in.

All of this talk of Giroud leaving, but Arsenal want him to stay and it may well be Welbeck who leaves.
When I saw Welbeck playing for England with Baines he would basically ignore Baines as much as possible. Glen Hoddle did a bit on it after one of the games saying how Baines would give & go & get in a great position to receive & crack on but Welbeck would receive the pass, turn, stop, do I step over or a dummy, run then lose the ball with Baines wasting his time.
Welbeck can be great but he wasted so much & is so selfish. Not for me.

I swear down I will support Chelsea if we signed Welbeck.

Just looking at the type of player Ronny likes, Goat. PL proven, quick, strong and versatile.

As I said, just a hunch though.

I wouldn't mind Welbeck, if indeed he was an option, but we could obviously do better.

When I saw Welbeck playing for England with Baines he would basically ignore Baines as much as possible. Glen Hoddle did a bit on it after one of the games saying how Baines would give & go & get in a great position to receive & crack on but Welbeck would receive the pass, turn, stop, do I step over or a dummy, run then lose the ball with Baines wasting his time.
Welbeck can be great but he wasted so much & is so selfish. Not for me.

I agree.

He used to frustrate the hell out of me when he played for England but I think he has actually improved as a striker since his move to Arsenal.

He can play wide, but I think his best role is centrally.

I agree.

He used to frustrate the hell out of me when he played for England but I think he has actually improved as a striker since his move to Arsenal.

The biggest frustration of Danny welbeck is his inability to get minutes in the pitch. He's had an appalling injury record at Arsenal, but I agree I with you in the limited amount of games he's played, he has improved whilst there.

I argued with mike walker on a preseason game in germany about that, i asked him why we bid when hed already signed for blackburn, he answered "dont tell me how to do my effing job" a gang of us just burst out laughing.
What a tit.

I agree.

It might look like he has, but his actual stats are pretty horrific in the league. Surprised me if I am honest, but in a 10 year PL career, he has actually scored less than 40 goals. 20 in 92 games for United. Marginally better at Arsenal.

That said, fit, he has always impressed me when I have seen him play.

It might look like he has, but his actual stats are pretty horrific in the league. Surprised me if I am honest, but in a 10 year PL career, he has actually scored less than 40 goals. 20 in 92 games for United. Marginally better at Arsenal.

That said, fit, he has always impressed me when I have seen him play.

Yeh not really based on stats, more that whenever I watched him at Utd I thought he was pretty crap, but at Arsenal I think he's actually played well - perhaps without the figures to back that up (which maybe is due to his injury record).

Yeh not really based on stats, more that whenever I watched him at Utd I thought he was pretty crap, but at Arsenal I think he's actually played well - perhaps without the figures to back that up (which maybe is due to his injury record).

Yeah, me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back