Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if our interest in Lemos was as an alternative to Keane, or to compliment him.

think we'll only get another CB if we sell rom. We're getting all our business done now with the money we can spend and through the sales of deulofeu, cleverley and mcgeady with possibly another one expected to be sold. And then when we see if we sell lukaku we'll have another masive surge of 3 or 4 players 2x strikers, a centre back and then maybe another attacking mid (possibly why the siggurdson links have cooled a bit).

"Keane's signing, and the completion of the Sandro deal, takes Everton's spending to more than £90m in this transfer window."

BBC Sport

Did anyone think to tell Lukaku what we had in mind before he shot his mouth off about ambition?
Yes, using his fee to fund the rest of the team.

think we'll only get another CB if we sell rom. We're getting all our business done now with the money we can spend and through the sales of deulofeu, cleverley and mcgeady with possibly another one expected to be sold. And then when we see if we sell lukaku we'll have another masive surge of 3 or 4 players 2x strikers, a centre back and then maybe another attacking mid (possibly why the siggurdson links have cooled a bit).
As one door closes...bye Rom

Another opens...hello Big Virg.

Can wish cant we.:D

I don't think the net spend will be more than 40m. I think Rom , Jimmy mc and Naisse will go to add to Geri and Clev which should give us enough to get in 2 decent attacking players and another CB. I have a feeling that Ross will end up staying

As one door closes...bye Rom

Another opens...hello Big Virg.

Can wish cant we.:D

i'd rather keep lukaku than spend £60m on that carthorse (i've never actually watched him play properly, i just don't vindicate paying that sort of fee for a centre back who, well hasn't really done an amazing amount in his career yet). I'd be all for spending that on a striker who could replace rom's 25 goals because i think that's a brilliant ROI. I just don't see how van dijk can be worth 25 goals a season.

I don't think the net spend will be more than 40m. I think Rom , Jimmy mc and Naisse will go to add to Geri and Clev which should give us enough to get in 2 decent attacking players and another CB. I have a feeling that Ross will end up staying

honestly no idea how it'll plan out. I myself, still wouldn't sell lukaku. But yeah, if we sell him as well as those who you mention, it's hard to net spend massively, if we keep him though we can still offload about £45m worth in sales, which is great seeing as we're not selling anyone who had any impact whatsoever on last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back