Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not giving you that one. I class him as a midfielder. You get Neymar as Barca play with three out and out strikers.
Ok so I did a quick view of the big websites & I will withdraw my Rodriguez statement. The majority agree with you. I was winning, somehow I still lost... Wasn't even my thing to argue!!!! Stupid brain.

With our new signings, I think we could move to 3 at the back with Coleman out and Baines getting on, so Williams, Keane and Jagelka/Holgate/Galloway OR another central defender with Van Dijk, Manolas and Koulibaly linked in the past.

i'd rather keep lukaku than spend £60m on that carthorse (i've never actually watched him play properly, i just don't vindicate paying that sort of fee for a centre back who, well hasn't really done an amazing amount in his career yet). I'd be all for spending that on a striker who could replace rom's 25 goals because i think that's a brilliant ROI. I just don't see how van dijk can be worth 25 goals a season.

Correct.
Every defence bar possibly Chelsea and Spurs was vulnerable as hell last season. Southampton's certainly was. So paying that kind of money for their main man sounds insane to me. We'd be as well with what we've got at the back plus maybe Keane and spend big cash on a top striker.

Correct.
Every defence bar possibly Chelsea and Spurs was vulnerable as hell last season. Southampton's certainly was. So paying that kind of money for their main man sounds insane to me. We'd be as well with what we've got at the back plus maybe Keane and spend big cash on a top striker.

get through this season with what we have, jagielka will want off next summer, williams may possibly need replacing also, but our stock will be a lot higher you'd think. Someone really top drawer like koulibaly who is a lot more proven imo may actually be gettable for a similar sort of fee.

With our new signings, I think we could move to 3 at the back with Coleman out and Baines getting on, so Williams, Keane and Jagelka/Holgate/Galloway OR another central defender with Van Dijk, Manolas and Koulibaly linked in the past.

they only thing i don't like about 5/3 at the back is that it negates pretty much all of the wide players we have. You would either have to play a striker alongside rom, okay, with sandro that could work well, or you would have to have a great playmaker ... we don't have any of them.

With that formation it renders bolasie, deulofeu, mirallas, lookman, lennon all useless and possibly to an extent ross. We only have 2 strikers now as it is as well, where if we're going to play 2, you would need 4 or 5 good ones. I suppose it's a decent option for some games, but well, with coleman missing the first few months and the season and baines not really the energy he once was bombing up and down the wing, there's also issues there with wing backs. I think it'd help accommodate kenny better whilst he starts off, but it is a formation which may have been better for us 3/4 years ago as opposed to now.

So, just the 128 linked players so far this summer: https://hibbertonian.wordpress.com/2017/05/08/transfervinduet-sommeren-2017/#more-19.

Goalkeepers (9):

JORDAN PICKFORD (Sunderland) (SIGNED FOR EVERTON FOR £25M – rising to £30M)
Fraser Forster (Southampton)
Joe Hart (Man City)
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester)
Lovre Kalinic (Gent)
Neto (Juventus)
Willy Caballero (Free transfer, ex. Man City) (Signed for Chelsea)
Stephane Ruffier (St. Etienne)
Dean Henderson (Man Utd)

Centre backs (21):

Michael Keane (Burnley)
Virgil van Dijk (Southampton)
Harry Maguire (Hull) (Signed for Leicester for £17M)
Björn Engels (Club Brugge)
Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli)
Alessio Romagnoli (AC Milan)
Tosin Adarabioyo (Man City) (Signed new contract)
Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal) (Signed for AC Milan for €18M)
Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough)
Mauricio Lemos (Las Palmas)
Ruben Semedo (Sporting Lisboa) (Signed for Villarreal for €14M)
Timo Baumgartl (Stuttgart)
Diego Llorente (Real Madrid) (Signed for Real Sociedad for €6M)
Stefan de Vrij (Lazio)
Jeison Murillo (Inter)
Chris Smalling (Man Utd)
Malang Sarr (Nice)
Gustavo Gomez (AC Milan)
Aymen Abdennour (Valencia)
NATHANGELO MARKELO (Volendam) (SIGNED FOR EVERTON (U23s))
Jonny Evans (WBA)

Full backs (10):

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) (Signed new contract)
Sead Kolasinac (Schalke 04) (Signed for Arsenal on a free transfer)
Cuco Martina (Free Transfer, ex. Southampton)
Baba Rahman (Chelsea)
Kieran Trippier (Tottenham)
Calum Chambers (Arsenal)
Marc Cucurella (Barcelona)
Santiago Arias (PSV Eindhoven)
Florentin Pogba (St. Etienne)
Guilherme Arana (Corinthians)

Midfielders (37):

Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) (Signed for Monaco)
DAVY KLAASSEN (Ajax) (SIGNED FOR EVERTON FOR £23,6M)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea)
Oguzhan Özyakup (Besiktas)
Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04)
Maximilian Meyer (Schalke 04)
Leandro Dendoncker (Anderlecht)
Maarten de Roon (Middlesbrough)
Juraj Kucka (AC Milan)
Jean-Michaël Seri (Nice)
Anthony Knockaert (Brighton)
Stuart Armstrong (Celtic)
Ryad Boudebouz (Montpellier)
Manuel Lanzini (West Ham)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
Franck Kessie (Atalanta) (Signed for AC Milan)
Josh Bowler (QPR)
Thorgan Hazard (Gladbach)
Seko Fofana (Udinese)
Naby Keita (RB Leipzig)
Walace (Hamburg)
Thomas Delaney (Werder Bremen)
Pedro Obiang (West Ham)
Junior Sambia (Niort)
Max Broughton (Bolton)
Yacine Brahimi (Porto)
Adnan Januzaj (Man Utd)
Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen)
Marcelo Brozovic (Inter)
Ever Banega (Inter) (Signed for Sevilla for €9M)
Mario Lemina (Juventus)
Samir Nasri (Man City)
Sander Berge (Genk)
Will Hughes (Derby) (Signed for Watford)
David Brooks (Sheffield United)
Lucas Lima (Santos)
Carlos Alena (Barcelona) (Signed new contract)

Attackers (51):

Sandro Ramirez (Malaga)
Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)
Giovanni Simeone (Genoa)
Willian José (Real Sociedad)
Tammy Abraham (Chelsea)
Anthony Modeste (Køln)
Iljia Nestorovski (Palermo)
HENRY ONYEKURU (Eupen) (SIGNED FOR EVERTON FOR £6,8M – on loan at Anderlecht 2017/18)
Kasper Dolberg (Ajax)
Chris Wood (Leeds)
Dries Mertens (Napoli) (Signed new three-year contract)
Bertrand Traoré (Chelsea) (Signed for Lyon)
Mario Balotelli (Nice)
Andre Gray (Burnley)
Rachid Ghezzal (Lyon)
Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
Kelechi Iheanacho (Man City)
M’baye Niang (AC Milan)
Troy Deeney (Watford)
Davie Selke (RB Leipzig) (Signed for Hertha)
Max Kruse (Werder Bremen)
Lucas Perez (Arsenal)
Rekeil Pyke (Huddersfield)
Bobby Wood (Hamburg)
Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea)
Vincent Aboubakar (Besiktas)
Elias Kachunga (Huddersfield)
Abel Hernandez (Hull)
Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
Keita Balde Diao (Lazio)
Munir (Barcelona)
Diego Falcinelli (Sassuolo)
Jordan Ponticelli (Coventry)
George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday)
Jota (Brentford)
Graziano Pelle (Shandong Luneng)
Gianluca Lapadula (AC Milan)
Carlos Bacca (AC Milan)
Duvan Zapata (Napoli)
Moussa Dembele (Celtic)
Nicolai Jørgensen (Feyenoord)
Wilfried Bony (Man City)
Luan (Gremio)
Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)
Martin Terrier (Lille)
Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo)
Yann Karamoh (Caen)
Luis Muriel (Sampdoria)
Boris Mathis (Metz)
Anton Donkor (Wolfsburg)
Joshua King (Bournemouth)

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly no idea how it'll plan out. I myself, still wouldn't sell lukaku. But yeah, if we sell him as well as those who you mention, it's hard to net spend massively, if we keep him though we can still offload about £45m worth in sales, which is great seeing as we're not selling anyone who had any impact whatsoever on last season.

I would love to keep Rom but I am pretty sure there is a deal already in place hence our spending spree

Pickford £25m
Klaassen £23m
Keane £25m
Sandro £5m
Giroud £20m

= £98m

Lukaku

= £100m

Net spend -£2m

FFS EVERTON

they only thing i don't like about 5/3 at the back is that it negates pretty much all of the wide players we have. You would either have to play a striker alongside rom, okay, with sandro that could work well, or you would have to have a great playmaker ... we don't have any of them.

With that formation it renders bolasie, deulofeu, mirallas, lookman, lennon all useless and possibly to an extent ross. We only have 2 strikers now as it is as well, where if we're going to play 2, you would need 4 or 5 good ones. I suppose it's a decent option for some games, but well, with coleman missing the first few months and the season and baines not really the energy he once was bombing up and down the wing, there's also issues there with wing backs. I think it'd help accommodate kenny better whilst he starts off, but it is a formation which may have been better for us 3/4 years ago as opposed to now.

Senor Gerald has left the stadium.

On a serious note assuming the above is the bulk of our business, and that we either keep Ross or he leaves and we buy someone like Gylfi, that's top business.

As a squad we'd be improved all round - you could even argue Giroud being a better fit for Lukaku with his general play.

i'd rather keep lukaku than spend £60m on that carthorse (i've never actually watched him play properly, i just don't vindicate paying that sort of fee for a centre back who, well hasn't really done an amazing amount in his career yet). I'd be all for spending that on a striker who could replace rom's 25 goals because i think that's a brilliant ROI. I just don't see how van dijk can be worth 25 goals a season.
I've never actually watched him. Just drop your phone in the bog lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back