Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to keep Rom but I am pretty sure there is a deal already in place hence our spending spree

nah, this is just all the business we knew we could do without having to sell him (or ross). £25m coming in for mcgeady, deulofeu and cleverly alone, without going into sponsorship deals and TV money income etc.

Erm, Henry cost 7-8m mert.

Only counted first team players for this season. I was more using that example of how meaningless net spend really is.

Anyway, £7m for one of the best forwards in Premier League history is great business by the club.

:D

How realistic and what price would Martial be?
Good chance Rom could still go to Utd which would limit Martials potential game time again.
Think he'd be perfect for Koeman style.

How realistic and what price would Martial be?
Good chance Rom could still go to Utd which would limit Martials potential game time again.
Think he'd be perfect for Koeman style.

Honestly couldn't see it happening mate despite how great it would be. Him and Sandro either side of Giroud would be up there with the best attacks in the league.

I get the feeling that Martial would think he's too big for us. He already doesn't seem that arsed about playing for United lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if he moves to PSG next.

I see Shani and Niasse are back for training tomorrow. Surprised they even gave a vest to the latter. Shani could be a nice surprise. Has anybody seen any games for him over the last year?

Stop drinking the Tubey kool aid.

Lukakus all round play has improved all season, hes not just a goalscorer, people need to stop thinking of him at his worst, consider him at his very best, motivated, not a player in the league that touches him.

And that doesn't happen often enough though does it. I agree, when he's bang up for it he's a player but you see those games every so often. If your a player of high regard like he is then you should be doing it on a more consistent basis.

And I'm sorry but Rom doesn't come close to the likes of Aguero & Sanchez!...

i'd rather keep lukaku than spend £60m on that carthorse (i've never actually watched him play properly, i just don't vindicate paying that sort of fee for a centre back who, well hasn't really done an amazing amount in his career yet). I'd be all for spending that on a striker who could replace rom's 25 goals because i think that's a brilliant ROI. I just don't see how van dijk can be worth 25 goals a season.
NEA how much he or any player costs tbh.
Van Dijk & Keane is the type partnership that every great side has had throughout history.
Pair these two together thats the centre backs sorted for many years.
If Kloppe was willing to pay it , so should we.
The Giant has arisen from its slumber mate and if we want it we we will get it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back