Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's our general expectation here at the minute? Is our current transfer outlay a combination of the money we couldn't spend last year along with the TV cash or is this Lukaku's fee we're splurging?

..folk on here were suggesting the club would have to move Lukaku on before any spend begun, that clearly isn't the case. I'm not sure of the funding stream but I recall Moshiri encouraging the club to spend. I think this is the first window that RK/SW have had to truly line their signings up and the owner is supporting them.

..folk on here were suggesting the club would have to move Lukaku on before any spend begun, that clearly isn't the case. I'm not sure of the funding stream but I recall Moshiri encouraging the club to spend. I think this is the first window that RK/SW have had to truly line their signings up and the owner is supporting them.
Whilst I'm not in the camp that thinks Lukaku's sale will fund everything, I'm still interested to see what we get for him vs. what we spend...out of curiosity more than anything.

..folk on here were suggesting the club would have to move Lukaku on before any spend begun, that clearly isn't the case. I'm not sure of the funding stream but I recall Moshiri encouraging the club to spend. I think this is the first window that RK/SW have had to truly line their signing up and the owner is supporting them.

It has been a great pre season so far , no doubt.

Without getting into a net spend argument I would be very suprised if we have not recouped a fair chunk of the money spent to date by the end of the window.

Ignoring the big 2 we have already sold Geri (£10m) Cleverley (£8m) and it appears will sell Mc Geady to Sunderland (£4m!!!). I would not be suprised to see McCarthy and Funes Mori go for say £25m.

I would be astonished ( but very pleased ) if we retained Barkley and Lukaku

Not half! With the main contenders for Lukaku looking at other options,there must be some worry in the Lukaku camp that no one will want him at our price.

Steve , I still think the deal to take him back to Chelsea is done.

I stress I'm not ITK, just my gut feeling.

Luke Shaw for left back cover and baines long term replacement? Played under koeman, wouldn't be all that expensive after mourinho has demolished his confidence and he's a capable player. A lot depends on what koeman sees with Pennington, browning ET al though.

If we sell rom no reason we can't bring in 2 of hernendez, iheanacho and Giroud. We'd have some seriously good options up top and money for elsewhere if we did that. We've made some quality additions so far. Exciting times. Coyb.
Shaws a fat little overrated tart

..it'll be even more interesting if he stays.

Got to the point now with him that for 80m plus idcwave him btw bye and welcome getting in the likes of Giroud, Dolberg and someone like Berardi with the money whilst having 10-15m left to add to whatever else we have to spend to go get another genre back.

His attitude has changed from one who was ambitious which you can't fault to coming across as a bigheaded arsehole now.

What a difference a year makes. A year ago we were struggling to get di many deals over the line, by this afternoon we could have 5 new players in (4 of them going straight in to the starting 11). There is a real positivity about the club, it's being picked up by the media. Hopefully when the time arises when we need to land the 'big fish' (lukaku's replacement) we as a club will looked as a very attractive proposition to that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back